Sign in to follow this  
curly

WHEELHORSE 1057

curly

Item number: 110229708072 Guys here is an item number on Ebay of a

1057 that I am looking at and maybe to buy this week. Please look it over

and give me an idea of what you think it is worth. I have a small unit with a deck similar to this. Some of the things explained on here I do not understand and it is hard to make a buy on ebay at times. I would very much like your input on this matter.

Thanks

Curly in KAINTUCK

Sparky

Heres a quicker link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

I would think its worth $200 tops. It aint runnin so who knows if it smokes, knocks, or if the charging system works. The deck may or may not have quiet spindles but I bet their loud. The wheel weights on the other hand are worth something and I cant quite make out the hitch to see if its anything special.

Hope this helps...Mike.........

TT

Curly, that decision lies solely in your lap. :thumbs:

The three biggest things to consider are:

1) How much money are you willing to spend? (or how much CAN you spend?)

2) How bad do you want/need it?

3) How far do you have to go to get it?

It's a 1967 10hp 3 speed Wheel Horse with no attachments (the mower is shot, so it doesn't really count.)

The engine should be a Kohler K-241S spec. # 46333D, which is a very well built, reliable engine. It hasn't been ran in the last 2 years, so it will probably need fuel system attention and at the least, the points will need cleaned and gapped. The battery may be good, but probably not. (add another $45.00) If youre lucky, the voltage regulator contacts will be OK.

It looks to have had paint work, or possibly an entire paint job, and does look alright in the pictures. The headlights aren't original, so now there's extra holes in the hood that shouldn't be there. The rear tires aren't original, but that may be a good thing if you want to use the tractor. (I think the wheel weights are original Wheel Horse parts though.) The rear hitch is the typical slot hitch which is nothing overly special or valuable.

I'm gonna side with Mike and put a ceiling of $200 on it. (but that depends on how far you have to go to get it.)

curly

Thanks for the input fellows I feel that is about it. I was thinking in that range. Is 125 miles plus away and that another $50 plus and I felt you guys knew more than I do. Money is not necessarily the problem but I do not wish to overspend since I am on retirement and is a good idea to watch expenses. Will try it for that or less--still have a day or 2 to think. :thumbs: LOL Guess I should concentrate on my old B115 ha.

Thanks You Guys are Great.

Curly in Kaintuck

T-Mo

I concur with both Mike and TT. It does look to be in decent shape and as long as you don't have spend more than you want to, it's probably a decent buy. I would say also $200, but it's what you're willing to go that counts. Good luck.

curly

Hey guys somebody really wanted this unit very badly. Was well more than I wanted to put in it. It had had a bidder run it to $256.63 and retract his bid so I knew was much more than $200 so I bid 175 just for the fun of it, then I knew that other bid still stood. Maybe the guy will be satisfied but could not see it being a 16 HP unless had been changed. Anyway went and picked up a jewel today for you to look at.

Thanks

Curly in Kaintuck