Sign in to follow this  
ThreeHorses

Camping near Collectors Club Show

ThreeHorses

Planning on a trip to the show for the first time. What are some of the close campsites that are good rain or shine w/hookups? Will be bringing a truck camper that is self-contained. Thought I read somewhere that campong at the show not the best if it's rainy or muddy? Recommendations?

What facilities are available at the show site? Do most of you camp or stay at motels?

Thanks,

Rich

chazm

Hi Rich... Here's a nice state park close to the big show.

Caledonia State Park , they have a pool & good set ups

I think there is a RV camp ground right up the road from the fair ground, Has campers parked there year round not sure if the rents out spots or not ?? :party: Some one else will chime in on it I'm sure

I live close by so if you need any more info let me know B)

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/caledonia.aspx

Rideawaysenior

Rich,

The sites there are nice but the "hookups" are no more then standard 110v outlets on a phone pole and I also think the amperage is low as in teh 15amp range so don't plan on running a whole lot of things. I bring a generator with me and that suffices. Past few years have been cool in the evening so no need for A/C in the night time. There is a couple of public showers there that are open for usage at any time and plenty of rest rooms. No septic facilities so if you use the toilet in your camper, there is no place to dump it.

I've been going since 2006 and have had a lot of fun staying at the show. Several other guys do it too. I think if you decide to stay there no matter the weather, you will have a nice time.

Jack

chazm

No septic facilities so if you use the toilet in your camper, there is no place to dump it.

Jack -

are you talking about the state park ?? ,there are 2 camping areas, the 2nd area has dump for septic. B)

Chaz :party:

stevebo

One thing I wanted to add that was a surprise to me last year was the folks that run the fairgrounds will not allow you to have a tow behind trailer (landscape or other style) in the campgrounds hook up area. They ask you disconnect it and leave it in the parking lot area. We did not want to do that so they allowed us to set up out in the field behind the main grounds which was fine since we had a genset on our camper.

Rideawaysenior

Chaz,

No, I was talking about the site where the show is. Steve, that is news to me. I didn't make it last year. The year before, there was a $20.00 fee if you were where the hookups were. I can understand the concerns of the property owners though. Hoping to make it this year.

Jack

Redbird

There was a $20.00 fee even if you weren't at the hook ups. But, we were there from Thurs-Sunday---can't beat that price to camp. Not many places to camp for $5.00 a day. lol

stevebo

We will be setting up in the field again and makng a party out of it.