Sign in to follow this  
lae51967

Cracked Lift Lever

lae51967

My lift lever cracked and bent while using the snow blower, anyone had luck welding it back or is it probably rusted from inside and better to just replace.

Just found one on ebay with a reasonable buy it now, so I have one coming. Still curious if anyone has had any luck repairing one. B)

tgranthamfd

I'm with ya on this one, got a C-100 that need one repaired, as well. Looks like an easy fix, but I don't know. Somebody will jump in and let us know soon enough.

sorekiwi

I havent repaired one myself, but I've had a couple of repaired ones.

The one on my B-80 has been gusseted as well. I dont have a pic, if I remember after work I'll take one. That arm is never going to bend or break again.

The main reason I put the lift assist spring on my blower was to try and take some of the load off the lift mechanism and dash tower. I've seen enough cracks and broken bits that I figured it would help.

Kelly

I have a few tractors that the dash tower is cracked one beyond repair, one the lift arm is broke off, ya kinda common if used with blowers, tillers or ground engaging attachments in the rear that are heavy, the older C's are easy to change the lift arm about a 10/20 min job the newer C's and 300 up serires tractors can be a pain in the butt getting the two pieces to come apart, heat is almost a must on them.

mark89

my c-120 has been weldit prier to me getting it an the brake pedle. that wintch plate is nice would like to c one made for a snow blower har when u use that mount for the blower.

lae51967

wow! i didnt know the pressures would get high enough to crack the dash tower. Better check mine. I like that winch, now to figure out how to get it to lift a blower.

wheelhorsec85

my c-120 has been weldit prier to me getting it an the brake pedle. that wintch plate is nice would like to c one made for a snow blower har when u use that mount for the blower.

i would think you can make a bracket off the one like i have ,that is a little higher than the hood . then make a bracket off that for the winch to be mounted to . then just run the cable down to a good point on the blower . run your wires and lift away . B)

sorekiwi

wow! i didnt know the pressures would get high enough to crack the dash tower. Better check mine.

The lift assist spring helps a lot, my (single stage) blower takes less effort to pick up than the blade does.

I lied in my post above, the repaired and gusseted lift arm is on my 1276 (I wont tell the story how I went out into the dark and took some pictures of the B-80's lift lever, come back into the warmth, looked at the pictures and saw a stock standard lift arm. WTF?...)

So here is the one on the 1276, 1/4" thick flat bar welded on the front and back sides of the arm.

PICT0002.jpg

And here is a picture of a repaired dash tower to show you where they break:

IMG_2373.jpg

lae51967

B) sorekiwi that repair should hold quite a bit. apparently i'm not the only one who tells on myself. :party: