Sign in to follow this  
whchris

gonna start the loader build

whchris

well the loader building is in the works i found the one im gonna copy almost to the t its on an 03 cub series 5000 (yup a new tractor) well its a friend of mines tractor and ive used it before but hadnt seen it for about a year i saw it tonight and went s**t i thought that was bigger the loader is the perfict size for the *cough* powerking *cough* :thumbs: but the c-125 will get one too when its back on its wheels i was going to get plans but they give you a 2-d drawing and i wanted something to look at i was gona use my "real tractor" and scale it down but now i have the exact size i want to go off and the best part is i can park the tractor here for as long as i want to copy it (and maybe use it :thumbs: )

590-640_loader.jpg

combatmp29r

Good for you chris :thumbs: Now remember :thumbs: and lots of them as you go

whchris

its gonna take me time but im not taking any close ups of the welds, and i forgot to mention im gonna use the same cylinders and bucket as the cub so replacement parts and other attachments will be easy to get

kpinnc

Chris, can't blame you on the weld close ups. Some of mine look like they were laid by an goose on ex-lax. :thumbs:

Good idea on keeping common parts though. Can't wait to see it!

Kevin

Rollerman

Ditto on wanting to see it Chris.

Nothing wrong with a "cough,cough" Power King either. :thumbs:

Have you added any pics of your to the site?...I like to see it or them.

whchris

pics are another story im getting my camera back form the shop soon after it went swimming but ill post them when i can

T-Mo

I also want to see pictures, regardless of weld quality. I, for one, would be the last to point out flaws in someone's welds (I don't weld)!

whchris

ok well my first loader project is to replace the hydraulic line on my big loader and then weld the patches in the bucket then on to the mini loader

Nick

I'm with the rest on not worrying about how the welds look. My loader was the first big project that I had done all the welding on so the welds are far from perfect. But after a few years load testing it hasnt fallen off yet. :thumbs::thumbs:

Nick in ohio

combatmp29r

I agree on the welds Chris. As long as they penetrate and hold who cares if they look perfect? Mine are still far from perfect and I weld quite a bit. Course the new welder still has me playing some to get the settings and hand speed right :thumbs:

whchris

well if it aint one line its another but i guess i cant be all that mad 53 years is a good life span for a rubber line (as far as i can tell the lines are original to the mf)

Stigian

Good luck with the build Chris, keep us updated on your progress, oh and plenty of pictures :thumbs:

whchris

well the sub frame is almost done :thumbs: ok so maybe i had that was built for a cub cadet 128 i have by the po of it im just gonna cut the mounts off and weld on some new ones to meet the outside of the frame so i can still use the sickle bar mower (after the loader im gonna build a mini hoe and ive got a small hydraulic drive flail mower im gonna make fit should be cool) ok so now im telling you too many of my ideas and your gonna want those pics too