Sign in to follow this  
Confused99

Which Chucker to Keep

420lse

Not sure if were talking about the same adjustment but I'm sure u have the lift link at the hydro cyl right. U mentioned that u had the lift all the way forward (lowered unit) and it sounded like u weren't getting the thrower low enough to pick up all the snow.

Here is a pic of the front lift link and the 4 hole adjustment plate from the manual.

Liftlink003.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. My plate is on wrong and should be turned around so that the highest hole is to the right B) .

Liftlink002.jpg

Mine needs to be adjusted to the highest hole so that when I go into a downhill grade, the blower will adjust itself to negative 3 inches. If I need -4 inches I might be able to adj. the lift arm if there is enough play.

6wheeler

B) Hey Jason, BIG snow coming for you monday B):D:D Maybe a foot B) yeah right... Say where did you steal that arctic cat from :clap: . Perfect time to try both of the blowers out B) blow a little.... change blower... blow some more :party::hbd: have fun Pat

Confused99

Not sure if were talking about the same adjustment but I'm sure u have the lift link at the hydro cyl right. U mentioned that u had the lift all the way forward (lowered unit) and it sounded like u weren't getting the thrower low enough to pick up all the snow.

Here is a pic of the front lift link and the 4 hole adjustment plate from the manual.

Liftlink003.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. My plate is on wrong and should be turned around so that the highest hole is to the right B) .

Liftlink002.jpg

Mine needs to be adjusted to the highest hole so that when I go into a downhill grade, the blower will adjust itself to negative 3 inches. If I need -4 inches I might be able to adj. the lift arm if there is enough play.

Thanks for the pics. The is very helpful. I used it yesterday on the 2-3" of heavy snow. Seemed to work fine and didn't have any clog ups.

Jason

Confused99

B) Hey Jason, BIG snow coming for you monday B):D:D Maybe a foot B) yeah right... Say where did you steal that arctic cat from :clap: . Perfect time to try both of the blowers out B) blow a little.... change blower... blow some more :party::hbd: have fun Pat

Yeah, we will have to see. I don't usually believe it until it's on the ground B) I would take a foot of snow. I have all next week off so plenty of time to play.

Jason

rickv1957

Jason,you should keep both blowers and for sure all that snow!! B) Rick

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Keep them both; you can never have too much "stuff".

If you sell one the one you keep will break shortly there after. But if you keep both neither will break ever. Murphy's Law

420lse

Keep them both; you can never have too much "stuff".

If you sell one the one you keep will break shortly there after. But if you keep both neither will break ever. Murphy's Law

B) Aint it the truth.

Confused99

Ok, I think you guys talked me in to it. I will keep both for now and see how it goes with my wife B)

Jason

Operator

Ok, I think you guys talked me in to it. I will keep both for now and see how it goes with my wife B)

Jason

Hide one blower and never, never, ever have them both in the same eye site!!!

Been there done that, bad, bad, bad.

Randy

HorseFixer

Well I am gonna say that I would keep the 2 Stage. And If it doesn't have a tall chute put the other on it. Do the Rubber Wiper mod like I did on mine and it will work in 2" or 12" snow and slush too! I have heard allot of posts that say the 2 stage doesn't work well in light snows... well thats a bunch of hog wash as I see no difference in any snows mine works the same in all types, and cleans the driveway equally as well. B)

Confused99

Jason

Randy

Good idea but I don't have a shed yet so I am forced to keep them in the attached garage. This spring I am putting up a shed and don't imagine my wife will be out there much so I should be good.

Jason

Confused99

Well I am gonna say that I would keep the 2 Stage. And If it doesn't have a tall chute put the other on it. Do the Rubber Wiper mod like I did on mine and it will work in 2" or 12" snow and slush too! I have heard allot of posts that say the 2 stage doesn't work well in light snows... well thats a bunch of hog wash as I see no difference in any snows mine works the same in all types, and cleans the driveway equally as well. B)

I think it is set. I will plan on keeping the 2 stage on the 520. It seemed to work ok in the light 2-3 the other day. Still better then shoveling or using the blade. I do plan on doing the wiper mod to mine sometime.

Jason

rustynut

sounds good

Confused99

Well, after today, I don't think I will be getting rid of the 2 stage. That thing is a beast. I pushed her pretty hard today and once let it dig into a snow pile and brought the Onan to it's knees. That is the first time I have had the Onan run out of power :party: . I did have one minor issue today while doing the neighbors drive. I was moving pretty quick and caught a lip in the concrete which stopped me dead. I wasn't prepaired for it so it threw me forward a little. I know my head touched the windshield and the steering wheel hit just north of a very sensitive area :hbd: I kept going and did another drive after that and put it in the garage. As far as I can see so far there isn't one thing wrong with it. I thought for sure it would have done something but nothing that I can find so far. My dad did the same thing to my grandpa's Cub (newer box store type) and it bent the blower housing and folded the scraper bar under :clap: . They got it straightened out but had to buy a new scraper bar. Sure glad I have a B)

Jason

PS - I am still keeping the single......just in case B)

6wheeler

:clap: Now if that single only had tractor behind it.. hint, hint B) Maybe the neighbors you so kindly clean out would let you park it in their garage... To save face with the wife of course :party: Pat

zieg72

Jason

Randy

I think you should give me the 2 stage for looking at that 520H you got in Iowa... :party: I just got done with phase 2 of the second 4-5 inches we got last night pushing it with 64" of blade... I still can't believe how well it does...

420lse

I think you've made an excellent choice but having a single stage back up system is a wise choice too, even if you have to hide it. B)

HorseFixer

Well I am gonna say that I would keep the 2 Stage. And If it doesn't have a tall chute put the other on it. Do the Rubber Wiper mod like I did on mine and it will work in 2" or 12" snow and slush too! I have heard allot of posts that say the 2 stage doesn't work well in light snows... well thats a bunch of hog wash as I see no difference in any snows mine works the same in all types, and cleans the driveway equally as well. :party:

I think it is set. I will plan on keeping the 2 stage on the 520. It seemed to work ok in the light 2-3 the other day. Still better then shoveling or using the blade. I do plan on doing the wiper mod to mine sometime.

Jason

Good Job On The Wiper Mod! :clap: You wont be dissapointed B) As For More Equipment Get A Plow setup! :hbd:

Confused99

I think I can pull the chute off the single and stuff it under a shelf with a blanket and no one will know it's there. That should work until this spring when I get he shed up.

Duke - Currently have the 312H setup with my old 42" blade. I havn't used it yet. I am supposed to be finding a new home for the 312H but since I can't find a buyer, I might as well put her to work. Course, you have to advertise to sell something B)

Jason