Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

wheel horse winch

porkchop

I saw the neatest thing yesterday. I bought 3 tractors off a guy awhile back and he had a farm king tractor sitting there. He told me if I ever ran accross one like it he would like to have it for parts. I found one for him and when he came to get it he had a 5 horse briggs mounted to a winch on his trailer and proceeded to drag this tractor on his trailer. Upon a closer look at the winch I was amazed!! It was a hydro rearend out of probably a charger with pulleys in place of the hubs. The pulleys and belts on both axles drove the winch on both ends with belts and it would operate in forward and reverse. He said he uses it to load 2ft by 9ft long logs. The 5horse drove the hydro rearend via a belt like it normally would an if the load was too much the belts would slip. I have to build one!!!! Sorry i didn,t get a picture but I,ll try next time I see him.

:thumbs:

KB9LOR

I saw the neatest thing yesterday. I bought 3 tractors off a guy awhile back and he had a farm king tractor sitting there. He told me if I ever ran accross one like it he would like to have it for parts. I found one for him and when he came to get it he had a 5 horse briggs mounted to a winch on his trailer and proceeded to drag this tractor on his trailer. Upon a closer look at the winch I was amazed!! It was a hydro rearend out of probably a charger with pulleys in place of the hubs. The pulleys and belts on both axles drove the winch on both ends with belts and it would operate in forward and reverse. He said he uses it to load 2ft by 9ft long logs. The 5horse drove the hydro rearend via a belt like it normally would an if the load was too much the belts would slip. I have to build one!!!! Sorry i didn,t get a picture but I,ll try next time I see him.

:thumbs:

I want to see it! That sounds so dang gum cool! I will wait on the pics!

rickv1957

Sounds like a neat setup!,Rick

whfan74

Now that is being resourceful! :thumbs: Can't wait to see the pics!

Rollerman

That would be pretty neat?

Wish you would have got pics. :thumbs:

Doesn't sound like something you could move around very easy (the weight)

rwilson

That would be a great idea. How woulg it work though? Woulgn't you have to have a posie rear?

Rollerman

That would be a great idea. How woulg it work though? Woulgn't you have to have a posie rear?

RW, Randy commented in the original post that the winches owner drove the cable drum from both sides....useing a pulley mounted to each hub.