Sign in to follow this  
remko

snow milling machines

remko

People,

Here in Czech Republic, we have been experiencing a rather extreme winter and the snow plow on my 312-8 is not up to the job anymore. :thumbs: There is just no place to push the snow to, therefore, I need a snow milling machine that is powered by the tractor and I'd like to know if these exist and if anyone knows where to find or get one. :banghead:

Thanks for your replies

rmaynard

There may be a problem with translation, but are you referring to a snow blower or thrower as pictured in this link?

Snow Blower

Bob

:thumbs:

stevasaurus

WOW... :banghead: Remko. If the snow-milling machine is lost in the translation, and it is a thrower or blower like in the picture above, you may want to check Craigs list or E-bay for starters. Would love to see some pictures of the horse in the snow.

Let us know and we will try to help. :thumbs:

remko

Bob,

thanks! It is exactly what I am looking for. At least now I know it exists. Does this blower have a typename or number?

Steve,

I have been checking out ebay, but was not sure what I was looking for. My non-succes probably had to do something with the fact that I was looking for a "snow milling machine". :thumbs:

Tomorrow I'll make some snowpictures

nylyon

Remko welcome. You may be our only Czech Republic member her on RedSquare, but we have had members from Germany here where Wheel Horses are probably a little more common.

Because the snow blower / thrower attachments are quite heavy, shipping to Czech Republic would be quite high I'm sure. We have members here from Germany, Norway, Netherlands and the UK where Wheel Horses are more common.

Hopefully one of our EMEA members can help.

W9JAB
mill.jpg

stevasaurus

I think we have members from Spain and Belgium also. Should be able to figure out which models you can use. Looking forward to the pictures and good luck. I will try to figure out the model thing and repost, if someone doesn't beat me to it. Good luck. :thumbs:

Docwheelhorse

Hi and :wwp: ,

I love the translation thing.... Sparkys parents (sparky too I think :thumbs: ) moved here from England and one day we where talking about gardens or some such thing and his father said Roto-Vator (spelling????) anyways I went :WRS: and he was talking about a Roto-Tiller... well needless to say Roto-Vator sounds way cooler and thats what I'll call it from now on..... Unless I have to go get parts for mine at the dealer :banghead:

Tony

sorekiwi

:thumbs: Remko!

I actually spent a little time in Czechoslovakia (as it was then) in the early 90's, trips to Havirov, Most (near Prague) and a few trips to Bryno (sorry if my spelling is not right, its been a while).

I remember some beautiful countryside, friendly people, stunningly beautiful women, Budvar (the "father" of Budweiser) and some sort of rocket fuel called "beckarofka" (spelling again?) that is responsible for 90% of my dead brain cells!

There is not too many pictures of the different blowers in the picture gallery, but if you search for "blower" on the site you will find plenty of pictures. They will mount right on the front of your tractor and are driven off the PTO on the engine.

Unfortunately for you they are big and heavy, so shipping to Europe would be horribly expensive.

Keep us informed on your search, and tell us of your Wheel Horse "adventures" on the other side of the world!

Docwheelhorse

As long as somebody else brought up the Czech ladies.... Remco if you can get me a lunch date with Petra Nemcova I will bring a snow thrower in my suitcase for yah!!! :thumbs:

Tony

MikesRJ

As long as somebody else brought up the Czech ladies.... Remco if you can get me a lunch date with Petra Nemcova I will bring a snow thrower in my suitcase for yah!!! :thumbs:

Tony

I couldn't resist. I Googled Petra Nemcova as I didn't know who she was. Can you say "Holy Crap, Batman!" around here? Smokin'!

rickv1957

Hello and :thumbs: Rick

whfan74

As long as somebody else brought up the Czech ladies.... Remco if you can get me a lunch date with Petra Nemcova I will bring a snow thrower in my suitcase for yah!!! :banghead:

Tony

I couldn't resist. I Googled Petra Nemcova as I didn't know who she was. Can you say "Holy Crap, Batman!" around here? Smokin'!

Let's just say you wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers! :thumbs:

bustedglass

Helo, and :banghead: , like the others said :WRS: . Glad to have you here. And hopefully, some of your Czech. Neighbors will also chime in here :thumbs: .

remko

Everybody thanks for your reactions.

I have found 3 blowers on ebay but nobody wants to ship. It is very frustrating to see them on offer but not being able to buy them. :banghead:

In case anybody has any any alternative idea or finds one in Europe in the future I hope you'll remember me. :WRS:

Nylyon: although there is a good amount of Wheelhorse equipment available in the Netherlands or Norway they usually do not have very cold winters with a lot of snow. The sea in front of those countries, and more precisely the warm gurf stream in it makes sure that the climate is more easy going. No blowers over there...

W9JAB: Thanks for your idea, but I am looking for something bigger that I can put on my 312-8. Buying a handheld blower is something I can do here tomorrow... Check this out: http://www.mountfield.cz/snehove-frezy . The dollar is worth about 20 crowns.

Sorekiwi: Your spelling is almost spot on. Only it is Brno instead of Bryno and Becherovka is spelled with a v. I never drink that stuff and you know why. :lol:

Seriously, I wonder how heavy a blower is and what it would cost to get here. We are 600 away from the nearest main port (Rotterdam)

Tony: Good news!! Petra is currently living in.....New York!! So you have a better chance of getting a date with her then I do. :hide: But eh.... Kiwi is right....she's nothing extraordinairy. I have friends who are better looking then she is. And I think every czech man has. Sorry to say but as I was in New York (not visiting Petra) :lol: , Florida and Alabama I think that on average czech women are more beautiful. No offence... But maybe now we're getting a bit :thumbs::D

MikesRJ: Google Hana Soukupova, Karolina Kurkova or Tana Kucharova. She was ms World last year.... How on earth did we get from snow blowers to czech women??? :wwp:

Now the only thing I have to find out is how I have to upload my pictures here..... B)