Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My First Loader Machine I hauled today!!

Rollerman

Thats to bad about the trans Steve.

I don't think J.O.P. would intentinally mislead anyone on parts....maybe just missed it?

Just keep thinking ahead till you get some seat time with it. :thumbs:

jimbotelho

Steve as far as the welding, brazing should be ok if it was done correctly keep in mind there is no pressure within the unit .The only thing I would be concerned about is 2 things, first is the repair next to the bolting pattern of the unit ? if so I would be hesitant on installing it because of the stress factor second what is the guy that you got it from saying? he should have seen it and let you know before sending it to you your thoughts everyone? :thumbs:

stevebo

I have not spoken to Joe's as of yet. Like rollerman said it could have just been overlooked :thumbs: I will give him a call today and see what he says. The brazing is not near any bolt hols rather where the two cases meet. It was done well -both inside and out. We will see.

baerpath

I'd at least bring it upto him, I've bought parts from him before, had only one problem and we talked that one out to be fair for both of us. Mistakes do happen someone might have just missed it.

Duane

pfrederi

Steve: Good Luck on the bearings....I am not having much fun gathering some for my D200. The axle bearing (outer) WH # 1526 is a Torrington J-1816. The inner bearing (large one) is WH#8048 Torrington B-348.

Both come up as Discontinued at Toro....So I went to my bearing supplier...more bad news. Apparently Timken (Torrington) sold off its bearing business (what else was there???) to Koyo on 1 Jan 2010.

J-1816 and B-348 now require a 10 unit minimum order....

I am trying to open an account at Motion Industries as they show them as still available individually. (Note when you search they will show up a Koyo...but still say Torrington in the detailed description.)

The other bearings for the gear shaft ends

WH1532 Torrington M16121 is still available

The short one 5/8" WH8049 not available form Toro or RPCW and shows up a s Request for Quote from motion industries...could be expensive!!

One thing I really do not see any size difference between the outer axle bearing here and the ones used on all other 1-1/8" axles. The D200 has spacers between the needles...the new axles use a bearing that is solidly filled with needles (WH9416, Torrington B-1816)

Is one style better/stronger than the other?????

stevebo

Paul,

Sam Dallas here locally has all the bearings we need except for the short one. If you can get the short one I need it. If you want me to order you the others let me know. I need to place an order asap.

pfrederi

Steve: Thanks for the offer, but I ordered them from motion industries today...except for the short one. I looked at mine carefully and it looked OK, not worth the hassle/ expense at this point.

stevebo

Paul,

I ordered mine just now too. The guy said he may have the short one or may be able to find one. I NEVER want to pull this rear again !!

truckin88

Steve,

Did you think of of calling Dave' TW and seeing what they have in stock as far as rears.

stevebo

I called Joe's and they offered to refund $25 which was essentially 1/2 of what I paid without the $105 to ship it. I think I will be able to get one good rear out of the two of them. I am most concerned with the repaired cases.

I picked up all grade 8 hardware for the rear ($38!!) then all the orings and gaskets from the dealer (no bearings) $105 ... I am getting closer to not getting that good of a deal :thumbs: When I am done at least I will know what I have and it will be done right.

Will,

I did not call them but maybe an idea to see if they have any cases. ??

rickv1957

Steve your investment still looks reasonable!,Rick

whfan74

Steve,

Spent the day out at the barn today tearing down the 18 auto. It is not welded and the tranny is the only thing connected to the frame at this point.

Let me know if I can help!

Sorry about your recent purchase!

stevebo

pm sent

chris11

I can weld that case. let me no if you would like it done.

stevebo

Guys,

Chris 11 in MA. offered to tig weld the original cases so that is the plan unless someone tells me they have a set of undamaged cases :thumbs:

I want to thank Chris for his offer. I am looking forward to getting this rear end back together !! Thanks Chris !! :banghead:

truckin88

Guys,

Chris 11 in MA. offered to tig weld the original cases so that is the plan unless someone tells me they have a set of undamaged cases :thumbs:

I want to thank Chris for his offer. I am looking forward to getting this rear end back together !! Thanks Chris !! :banghead:

Steve,

if he can make it stronger than the original, even better, because if you get an untouched / damaged case...what would prevent this common isue from happening again. While he has it why not think of how to reinforce axle houses. I know Jeep guys do that all the time.

stevebo

Will,

I think that issue with the cases breaking is when the interal botls shear off and not the stress of the tourqe. The only thing I though about was maybe having Chris weld on a few raised nuts (sounds funny) so I can add a skid plate. Never know who may drive it over some rocks when they borrow it for weekend jobs. Big Jim or Uncle Bo?? :thumbs::banghead: Neither one of them even know when to take the e brake off ...

fireman

Forgot to take the E-brake off :banghead::WRS::wwp:

I remember that from the show!

Sorry Uncle Bo :thumbs:

pfrederi

Steve: As long as the rear end is off you might want to consider adding a cooling fan. Mine did get very hot last summer. I am trying to mount a pancake cooling fan.

The big defroster type fan WH used as an addon doesn't fit if you have a 3pt, rear PTO, and the seat with the big coil spring.. at least I can't figure it out :thumbs:

You should have plenty of room for the larger fan

stevebo

That sounds like a good thing. Do you have a link for a source for these?? It will need to be electric and weather proof or are you talking about mounting it on the shaft of the motor that it treaded?

pfrederi

This thread talked about the fan system.

D series cooling fan

HorseFixer

Steve. I have an Idea. :thumbs: Sell it me for what you paid, and recoop your losses! :WRS:

Nice Find! :banghead:

Horse Rancher

stevebo i may have the short 5/8 bearing listed let me know the i.d-o.d.

and the width i may have the others, hope this helps Jim B)

truckin88

Steve,

What is the status on this machine?

Olratlr

Nice Find! I wish I had a loader for mine. Oh well. B)