Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My First Loader Machine I hauled today!!

whfan74

Sent you an email regarding a tranny!

stevebo

Here are a few pics of the progress. The rear end is apart and axles are out ready to have Fireman press the hubs off. Ken B stopped by today to have a look at the loader and ended up helping me take the rest of the sheetmetal off the back. I ordered all the correct o rings and axle seals for the new rear end. I figure why not split the case on that one and have a look inside and make sure everything is tight and replace the bots with hardened if they are not already.

11111-2.jpg

11-4.jpg

111-2.jpg

1111-1.jpg

rickv1957

Steve,looks like park pawl is still good,most have been stripped,Rick

jimbotelho

Steve you do not waste any time remind me of myself a while ago

pfrederi

I figure why not split the case on that one and have a look inside and make sure everything is tight and replace the bots with hardened if they are not already.

Steve: When you say hardened do you mean Grade 8 (or there is now a Grade 9 in certain sizes)??

stevebo

I am not sure but I would say grade 8 unless anyone else here has other suggestions. I can get them at tsc. I will flush the rear and do the inspection and put the new seals in over the weekend if everything gets here by then...

Sarge

I'd like to borrow that parking pawl for a few days, got a local guy here that is really good with a Bridgeport and can map them out as well...

Sarge

stevebo

Sarge,

This case is going to bitten once I am done with the transplant. If I do not need the pawl for my other tranny you can have it. Remind me in a week or so as I will forget !!

Sarge

I will do just that. Been looking for a good example to machine replacements , not to mention waiting for this guy to finish setting up his equipment and get the needed tooling. First one is gonna be really expensive, we'll see after that.

Sarge

stevebo

This one is not perfect as there are some teeth taken off but he can figure it out I am sure.

TT

@Sarge:

That's not the same as the pawl in your 1277(s). (if that's what you're after)

bitten

Steve

Looking at your tear down pics it looks like there are rubber lines that feed the hydro motor. Did someone add those or are the stock for that year?

stevebo

They are rubber lines and they have been added. I purchased the correct "manifold" and will be putting that back on.

rickv1957

The service manual calls for grade8 bolts,Rick

stevebo

Just a few pics of the tractor cleaned up and in primer. The rest of the parts (you do not see) are at the sandblaster. I will be priming and painting them all prior to putting back together. I will keep you all posted. Rear end coming tomorrow.

primer2.jpg

primer1.jpg

d180man

Hi keep up the good work and the photos ! :thumbs: :banghead:

pfrederi

The service manual calls for grade8 bolts,Rick

I just got new bolts for my D 200 differential from McMasters. They are Grade 9 3/8 -16 3 1/2". Tensile strength is 180,000 psi vs 150,000 for Grade 8.. Maybe overkill but I do not want to have to take the rear end out again...Ever!!

stevebo

I agree with you Paul. Did you torque them to any special specs?? When I took mine apart some were loose and some were tight. Locknuts and/or thread locker??

pfrederi

Steve: the bolts just came yesterday so I haven't installed them. I haven't found a torque spec for the differential bolts.

I also got oval head grade nine self locking nuts ( 93591A300 ) supposed to be 20% stronger than grade 8

Bolts were #90201A333

And yes some of my bolts were loose some just barely snug. I believe standard torque for grade 5 is 30 ft lbs Grade 8 50 ft lbs. Don't want to exceed that and put to much pressure on the castings. Unless some has specs

stevebo

Well I got the new tranny today from Joe's only to find this one must have had the same problem as it has the case repaired :thumbs:

Here are a few pics of the back of the tractor in paint. All the parts have been sandblasted and are back home in primer. Karl, you have a pic of your deck in primer too.

painted2.jpg

painted1.jpg

karlsdeck1.jpg

karlsdeck2.jpg

Ken B

Man thats a bummer Steve. Does it look like a clean repair?

stevebo

It was brazed but I am not sure if it was done before or after the rear end was repaired??? If it was done after then I cannot split the cases without breaking the repairs.

rickv1957

Thats not good news on your trans but paint looks great!,Rick

nylyon

That really stinks about the case. The deck looks super though. We'll have to pick a time when I can come pick it up.

stevebo

Karl,

Give a call. I will be around tomorrow afternoon.

I just opened up the new tranny and it looks like the cases were repaired properly. The two axle shaft bearing fell aparts as I opened it. One cap on the main gear in the middle (that holds the pinions together) has a chunk takend out of the casting on the outside of the bolt hold so the solution to the last guy in here was to add a washer :banghead:

One one of the smaller gears has one tooth half missing but I can use the one out of my original tranny. :thumbs: The seals are in at the dealer however now I am going to go all the way and replace all the bearings while I am here.

So... how was your day?? I wish people would be honest and tell you up front that the tranny was repaired so I know. Ho well, I will make it work.