Sign in to follow this  
kpthorsefan

Dust cover for my c141

kpthorsefan

I was getting fed up with the long cold dark nights and not being able to work on my 141, so i thought i would make a cover for it, I had in the attic an old sewing machine which belonged to my granmother which was over 70 years old,so i got it down and had a go at getting it working ,i took it all apart cleaned it all up a few new parts and a bit of oil got it running :thumbs: , i have never used one before so i had a few runs with it and it ran well, here are a couple of pics of it. not perfect but it will do the job. I also had 2 flags off glenjeri ( MANY THANKS TO HIM ) one of which i took apart so i could sew one on the front and one on the back.

PICT0615.jpg

PICT0724.jpg

mowerman1193

Now that is a nice Wheel Horse cover!! You did very well with making that..Nice story about Grandma's old sewing machine too..

Thanks for showing your great talents,

Kevin

Kelly

I'd say you did a fine job, I learned to sew when I was a kid with my Grandma.

rickv1957

Kevin,very nice job there :thumbs: Rick

Save Old Iron

:thumbs: :banghead:

but beware the mice will absolutely love this new addition too.

Save Old Iron

:banghead: :WRS:

but beware the mice will absolutely love this new addition too.

I have a snow cab here that needs windows :thumbs:

JimD

great job on the cover!what is the car in the pic? another resto project? curious jim :thumbs:

kpthorsefan

great job on the cover!what is the car in the pic? another resto project? curious jim :thumbs:

Hi fan, its a 1968 Mk1 triumph 2000, in the past i have had many different Mks of them, i did start to restore it but a couple of years back i got the wheelhorse bug, my first wheelhorse was a C121 which i use for work grass cutting orchards, it was a wreck when i got it so when i started to look for spares for it thats when the bug for them started, now i have a C141 which i am restoring and thats the one under the dust cover. so i think the triumph will have to go :WRS: to make more room for more wheelhorses :banghead:

1968 Mk1 triumph 2000

lastscan-1.jpg

The C141

PICT0486.jpg

GlenPettit

Kevin:

That is a beautiful rear wheel weight on your C-141.

Did you cast that yourself?

Any more pictures or details, I really like it.

Glen

kpthorsefan

Kevin:

That is a beautiful rear wheel weight on your C-141.

Did you cast that yourself?

Any more pictures or details, I really like it.

Glen

Hi glen, i know nothing at all about them, and there are no part numbers stamped into them, all i know is they come with a snow plough i bought.

dozerblade.jpg

PICT0330.jpg

PICT0331.jpg

wheel horse 1045

love the wheel weights

GlenPettit

Looks like someone had access to a forge & green-sand casting, and it is a very nice and unique job. They must have used a existing blank wheel weight as a master, made a two part sand mold of it, then pressed in some metal letters into the sand to create the words: repeated this for the second sand mold (the 'between-letter' spaces on the word WHEEL don't exactly match each other, and the two lower H's and left 'S' are upsidedown [i used to be a typographer...sorry, bad habit in always looking at letters, errors just jump up and at me, and very few others can even see it]).

Casting WH Wheel Weights is something I'm planning on trying to do this summer, with a lot of luck. The words really dresses up your tractor. Beautiful.

kpthorsefan

Looks like someone had access to a forge & green-sand casting, and it is a very nice and unique job. They must have used a existing blank wheel weight as a master, made a two part sand mold of it, then pressed in some metal letters into the sand to create the words: repeated this for the second sand mold (the 'between-letter' spaces on the word WHEEL don't exactly match each other, and the two lower H's and left 'S' are upsidedown [i used to be a typographer...sorry, bad habit in always looking at letters, errors just jump up and at me, and very few others can even see it]).

Casting WH Wheel Weights is something I'm planning on trying to do this summer, with a lot of luck. The words really dresses up your tractor. Beautiful.

Hi glen, all i know about them is the previous owner had them new with the snow plough over 30 years ago? :thumbs: to go with his C161 which he was selling at the same time, i will have to take the weights off and have a closer look at them, i could have missed a part number on them.

fordsonmajortom

I have got a pair of wheel weights the same which came with a charger 12, these have got the upside down H as well.

Michael

kpthorsefan

I have got a pair of wheel weights the same which came with a charger 12, these have got the upside down H as well.

Michael

Hi fordsonmajortom :thumbs: .

We will have to look into them and see where they were made, have yours any part numbers on them?.

fordsonmajortom

I don't know they are bolted to the wheels of my sons Raider12, he took one look at them painted them blue and fitted them to his tractor.Perhaps they were made in Belgium to save on shipping to Europe.

Michael