Sign in to follow this  
Dw Andy

GT 14 Ignition switch

Dw Andy

I need a switch and I think this is an odd one. It has 2 screw terminals and 3 blade term. Ths switch I want use has 5 blade terms. What I need to know is the orange wire from the rectifyer center terminal goes to the ignition switch, but does the ignition switch ground this wire out or supply voltage?

TT

does the ignition switch ground this wire out or supply voltage?

Neither.

The orange wire would carry the power from the R/R to the switch. When the switch is in the "ON" ("RUN") position, it internally connects the wire from the R/R to the ignition switch power source wire, which creates a circuit to charge the battery.

But....... If you "meter" the end of the orange wire at the R/R when the key is "ON", you should see battery voltage.

Confused yet? :thumbs:

rickv1957

Orange wire supplies voltage,Rick

Dw Andy

The orange wire would carry the power from the R/R to the switch. When the switch is in the "ON" ("RUN") position, it internally connects the wire from the R/R to the ignition switch power source wire, which creates a circuit to charge the battery.

But....... If you "meter" the end of the orange wire at the R/R when the key is "ON", you should see battery voltage.

Confused yet? :banghead:

:thumbs: The switch I want to use don't supply power to the M term. in the ON pos . Can I hook the rect. wire to the term. for lights and ign. ?

TT

The P/N for the original (correct) switch is 8362.

Maybe you should just get one from Toro before you melt all of the wiring or burn up the coil and trigger module. :thumbs:

Dw Andy

The P/N for the original (correct) switch is 8362.

Maybe you should just get one from Toro before you melt all of the wiring or burn up the coil and trigger module. :thumbs:

Yeah Thats what I was Thinkin? but the last time I looked They were going for $50 :banghead:

TT

Right...... but the coil and trigger module cost about $300. :thumbs:

bitten

They do come up on e-bay. I got one two weeks ago for $12 shipping and all.

Dw Andy

Right...... but the coil and trigger module cost about $300. :thumbs:

Ouch! 300$ Yeah that burned out years ago and the mechanic talked me into converting to the old points/condenser sys. and for some reason theres a seperate switch for ignition. A pull type switch like on a Farmall.

Dw Andy

They do come up on e-bay. I got one two weeks ago for $12 shipping and all.

Theres one on there now but 4 days to go before the auction ends. The Milaca site has a new one $43 and $12 for s+h