Sign in to follow this  
Lawn Ranger kid

3 speed problems

Lawn Ranger kid

Heres the story I have a 3 speed unidrive in a l-107. Got it out this morning to plow snow had no problems with it. Used it for an hour and put it away. Got it back out about 2 hours later and the tranny acted almost like it was frozen it is keped outside but there was no change temp . It losened up after I moved it around a little. Anyone have an idea on what might have happened.

Thanks Josh

Rideawaysenior

What was the temp outside? How about the drive belt, clutch pulley bearings, ETC?

sorekiwi

If there is some water in the tranny it can freeze and lock it up.

I deagged in a tractor last week that wouldnt move at all, I pulled the drain plug and nothing came out. Pulled the shift lever, and aimed a heat gun down the hole, after about 5 minutes a little water dripped out, then the gear lube started to drain after that. It took about 10 minutes before the tractor would roll.

I have seen cases cracked by water freezing inside them.

Sounds like you need to drain the oil, flush the case and refill with new lube. And replace your shifter boot!

Lawn Ranger kid

Temp is about 20 outside. When you pressed the cluch down I had no prblems so it is in the tranny.

I don't think there would be water in it because it never acted like this before and the temp has been the same for quite awile

Thanks Josh

Coadster32

I am siding with Mike on this one. Let-r-thaw, drain-r-out, fill-r-up, and get-r-done. Good luck.