Wheelbearing

1991 520-H

Wheelbearing

B) All that great work you have done! And the motion pedals are still unpainted?

The decals come from Terry? [Vinylguy] :hbd:

Ever get nervous when painting and there is fire in the stove? :clap:

Very very nicely done!! :party:

Randy

Lots of details left still little paint.

Decals did come from Terry.

When I paint I used the Reddy heater that I can turn on and off. And I put a fan in the window and crack the door.

mnWHfan

That is sure a nice looking tractor. Mechanical engineers like to go a little overboard when they fix something up, at least that is what I have been told (I'm also a mechanical engineer). I loved your attention to detail and the yellow zinc plating looks great against the red and the black paint. I used a clear zinc plating on the parts on my C161 when I restored it because it resembled the aluminized plating that was put on originally and it was very inexpensive (my cousin's machine shop was able to lump it in with a batch of parts that he was having plated for my work). I modeled 80% of my C161 automatic into Solid Edge, so if you need any CAD models for your C121, just let me know. I also modeled in a clevis hitch, a moldboard plow, and a snow blade from a 260. I am looking forward to seeing photos of the finished tractor.

Dennis B)

btrrg1969

Looks Great , I enjoyed watching your progress , Thanks for share'n Brandon B)

Raider12

Where did you buy your seat at? Or is it an origianl? I lile that syle for sure.

Denver

Wheelbearing

Where did you buy your seat at? Or is it an origianl? I lile that syle for sure.

Denver

Northerntool.com

Horse Fanatic

Looks fantastic. I like the upgrade to the maroon stripes! The muffler is awesome! Great job!!!!!

Raider12

Have been able to complete this restore project? And finished photos?

Horse Fanatic

I'd like to see finished photos too. I saw a glimpse of it in the photos of the CT meet and greet.....

Wheelbearing

I'm sorry guys been tided up putting down a hardwood floor in my living room and starting a 48" mower deck resto. BUT heres the finished product. I'll post better pics in the yard later.

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

• Like 1

Wheelbearing

I'm sorry guys been tided up putting down a hardwood floor in my living room and starting a 48" mower deck resto. BUT heres the finished product. I'll post better pics in the yard later.

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

I need to get a good picture in the yard.....Maybe make it into next years calender.

:D

groh_brian

Very nice build you did there! I like the twin pedal thing. VERY VERY nice tractor!!

Duff

Great job! Congrats!

:D Duff :USA:

tgranthamfd

Looks great, I, also, want to hear it. That is very cool, how you did the muffler.

Wheelbearing

Looks great, I, also, want to hear it. That is very cool, how you did the muffler.

Page 3 shows the muffler construction. A lot of stuff in that muffler Very suprising. I though it would be just a can with a few baffles.

truckin88

beautiful

rickv1957

Very fine tractor,nice work!! :D Rick

Butch

Well I cut all the parts for the muffler, they are all 304 stainless. I laser cut almost all of it even the tubes. The smalles 1"dia. tube I had to drill holes by hand because the laser was just blowing through both sides. I made a drill template out of paper from Solidworks then wrapped it around the tube. Worked great. I'll be welding it up tomorrow. So stay tuned. Here are some pictures.

IMG_3906.jpg

What does this laser tool look like that blows holes through both sides? And what kind of tool did you use to cut the steel? :D Seems like this is a machine shop and not a garage!! :USA:

Butch

S. Jersey

Wheelbearing

Outside pics with the newly restored deck.

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

stevebo

Bob,

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Duff

Man, that is one FINE looking tractor! :D

Duff :USA:

chris11

Very nice job. I love the detail. and your a craftsman. :D

Horse Fanatic

Looks too nice to use! Are you happy with your pedal set up?

Wheelbearing

Looks too nice to use! Are you happy with your pedal set up?

Ya the pedals are great now I can mow with a beer in hand and still be able to slow down and change direction. The Gator blades on that deck are AWESOME!!

wedgeheaded

Man that thing looks like new. Better, no column shift. I'd love to see some pics of how you did that conversion. If you get bored in the near future, I have a 93 520 you can tinker on. :D

Horse'n Around

Wow your tractor is truly a work of art. I love it when a person takes a machine makes improvements and upgrades and the end result looks factory or better. You've accomplished all the above, and that stainless exhaust... Holy Cow, Yoshimira could'nt have done a better job!

John