Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Hey, Steve (Refracman)

T-Mo

Steve,

I just saw your 417XT in the picture gallery. It looks like the snow plow setup is similar to the traditional Wheel Horse setup that I have for my C series. But, looking at the parts breakdown, it looks as though the rear mounting is different. Do you have a picture of this setup? Is that a 42 inch or 48 inch plow? The one shown on the parts breakdown is 48 inch.

417XT

417xtplowframesetup.gif

refracman

The plow is a 42 off my 75 C120, it uses the same adapter and lever handle as the newer 520s, part #5 is part of the rear frame. Part #3 is the rear attach matic, which comes in the kit i bought to adapt the plow to it. it bolts to #5

005-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

T-Mo

Thanks. It's interesting that the older 42 inch plow fits onto the vertical shaft, Tuff Torq drive, newer tractors. So, is part #5 (actually part #4 as part #5 is a bolt) part of the frame of the tractor? Plow frame? Sorry for the :imstupid: questions.

refracman

Here's the correct rear attachmatic for my tractor

plowatt.gif

kpinnc

From talking to a local dealer a couple years ago, the 417's were specifically produced for the purpose of being able to use implements/attachments from older WH tractors. I remember seeing that as a bullet on the Toro webpage as well. It was a good selling point, and an attempt to win back customers who favored the "classic" series.

At least I think it was the 417s.... :thumbs:

Kevin

refracman

They must of changed it for the newer ones.

kpinnc

It may have been the 268 series. I'm not sure, but one of those models was produced in an attempt to win over some WH fans before ending the "classic" line up.

It was definately NOT the 500xi series. Don't know why those didn't do well (other than the price tag), as they were nice machines too.

Just passing on what I was told... :thumbs:

Kevin

T-Mo

If I'm not mistaken, the 400xt series was just an update to the 260/270 series of the late 90's. :thumbs:

refracman

I sent the post one to fast , i guess i should of edit it instead.

Your right about the attachments though. Classic decks, plows and grader blades will fit, It is a nice tractor i have bout 200 hrs on it and hasn't give me any problems. I really like the foot control too. Once i get one designed for the GT14s their all get foot controls. I have a NOS one for the Cs and that'll go on the 195 once i find another belt cover to cut up :thumbs:

kpinnc

The local dealer may have hust been trying to sell ME one for all I know. :thumbs:

But, he made a big fuss about it using the older attachments, and since I saw it mentioned on the website, it just stuck in my noggin.

At any rate Steve, it's a real nice machine. New model styling with older model flexibility. You got a good tractor there!

Kevin