Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Red

Snowstorm-1, Hydraulic lines-0

Mighty Red

I was plowing the snow we had a couple of weeks ago and I guess it was just too much for the old hydro lines and now I seem to have a few leeks. I thought the guy I bought it from had replaced all of them but apparently he only replaced the short ones that power the cylinder. (We're talking about at 78 C141 here.) As far as I can tell it looks like the long ones that attach to the pump are the culprits. It looks like they are leaking right around the fittings. Sound about right to you guys?

I have taken the whole center console (for lack of a better term) off but I'm not quite sure how to get the hydraulic valve disconnected. There doesn't seem to be enough room to get a wrench in there to unscrew the hydro lines. The valve is mounted inside the center of the tractor not on the outside by the left floorboard. I guess I'm asking if the best way to get it out is to just disconnect the lines from the pump and cylinder and just pull the whole thing lines and all?

I also picked up a rebuild kit for the valve as well, looks likes some o rings of various sizes. Is there anything special I need to know before I tackle that project? Or is it pretty much take out screws, separate pieces, pull and replace o rings and re-assemble? Thanks in advance guys!

JimD

sorry i can't answer your questions Red, don't have any hydros, but i'm sure the gang here will be along to give ya some great advice shortly. they live for this stuff, helpin out a fellow member! :thumbs:

bitten

I know the lines can be a pain in the you know what. Just take your time, moving the hold down nuts just a little here and there I guess you dont have a choice in taking your time. Off set hydro wrenches really help but are expensive, maybe a friend has a set that you can use.

As far as the valve goes disassemble, clean, replace and make sure you put it back together the same way.

There is a Wheel Horse manual 'HYDRAULIC LIFT VALVE & CYLINDER REPAIR MANUAL' part# 810242R3 that you can get that will help you more then I can.

Good Luck.

Retired Wrencher

I was plowing the snow we had a couple of weeks ago and I guess it was just too much for the old hydro lines and now I seem to have a few leeks. I thought the guy I bought it from had replaced all of them but apparently he only replaced the short ones that power the cylinder. (We're talking about at 78 C141 here.) As far as I can tell it looks like the long ones that attach to the pump are the culprits. It looks like they are leaking right around the fittings. Sound about right to you guys?

I have taken the whole center console (for lack of a better term) off but I'm not quite sure how to get the hydraulic valve disconnected. There doesn't seem to be enough room to get a wrench in there to unscrew the hydro lines. The valve is mounted inside the center of the tractor not on the outside by the left floorboard. I guess I'm asking if the best way to get it out is to just disconnect the lines from the pump and cylinder and just pull the whole thing lines and all?

I also picked up a rebuild kit for the valve as well, looks likes some o rings of various sizes. Is there anything special I need to know before I tackle that project? Or is it pretty much take out screws, separate pieces, pull and replace o rings and re-assemble? Thanks in advance guys!

:thumbs::banghead: Hi mighty /R I have a c141 also I had the same problem and changed all the o-rings and rebuilt the hydro piston from wheel horse the kit is about $50.00 this did the trick for me. Good luck happy riding. Gary B...............