Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Need Help - What is this??

stevebo

Guys, I pikced up a 753 today and the guy had this one for sale too. He does not know what it is as he is just selling an estate. What is it and what is the value? It is running a Briggs. Thanks-

yellowtractor.jpg

yellowtractor2.jpg

It is a chain drive too if that helps

rustyoldjunk

looks like a motomower they were also badged as lawn master and in the very early 60's and late 50's they were badged as porter cable before porter cable sold out the line to moto mower

DMK855

RustyOldJunk, I have a thread in this section that has a pic of a Motomower and what I believe is my newly aquired Porter Cable. That doesn't look like any of those from my research, but I could be wrong...... :thumbs:

rustyoldjunk

DMK yours is a very early 60's or late 50's model.if you go to mytractorforum.com and go to the garden tractor round table forum you can search "old iron porter cable info".its a thread i started a year or more ago with lots of porter cable ads including tractors and attachments and you can also visit motomows website.just google motomow or motomower (i cant remember which he calls it) i sold one like yours a couple of years ago.edit:i just looked at the trans in this one,i believe im wrong and you are right,this one isnt a porter cable tractor.i have seen ones like it before but a brand wont come to mind right now...beady (or bready) maybe?

TT

Yep..... early 60's Bready. :thumbs:

Almost looks like Montgomery Wards colors too. :banghead:

stevebo

The guy wants $100 for it .. are they rare or desireable??

TT

The guy wants $100 for it .. are they rare or desireable??

If you're asking if you could make some money off of it, I'd say yes. :banghead:

You just have to find someone that wants it - and doesn't know how much you paid for it. :thumbs: