Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

4 Day Snow Storm/Blizzard

MaineDad

Guys,

Not sure if a lot of you know, but Maine is in the middle of a 4 day snow storm. When it's all done on Sunday, were supposed to get up to 2 feet of snow. Saturday night, the forecast is for heavy snow with hurricane force winds!

I just got done clearing the first round, and will probably have 3 more rounds left :banghead:

The gas cans are full and the generator is ready :thumbs:

rickv1957

That sounds like a plenty!!!,Rick

C-Series14

Be safe! I love snow but that is alot!!!

stevasaurus

Micah...keep ahead of it if you can...the bottom is going to fall out of the temperature...we are below zero all day and tonight. What was soft yesterday is solid ice today. :thumbs: and it is comming at you.

Happy New Year :banghead:

MaineDad

Steve,

Thanks. Yeah this 5 inches I just did was real wet slushy snow. I'll go back out tomorrow afternoon and get what I can. No way I want this stuff to freeze!

This storm is actually backing up into the gulf of Maine and exploding with 70 mph winds etc.

hotrodmerc

We had 22" on the 19th of December. It was quite a mess.

Sparky

The gas cans are full and the generator is ready :banghead:

Dont forget good batteries in the digital camera Micah :WRS: .

Good luck with the snow clearing :thumbs: !

Mike.......

MikesRJ

And get some good seat time too! Be safe out there and have the hot cocoa ready too.

Hot-Cocoa.jpg

DOC in Kentucky

Hey Micah, What part of Maine are you in? Stay warm and safe!

C-Series14

We had 22" on the 19th of December. It was quite a mess.

Location, location, location! :thumbs:

wheel horse 1045

were looking at the same amount here in michigan untill sunday,i just got back home and hardly seen anything while i was driving because of the white out

Buzz

We got hit with 24" on Dec 19 in Vineland NJ. The city and county are still catching flak for the lousy job they did plowing the road. I work for the local electric utility (indoors thank goodness) and with the roads the way they were drivers couldn't get going fast enough or get close enough to hit our poles......... :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Micah...sounds like a down easter? Hey, did you ever hear of Frankenstien's Country Jamborie where you are at. When I was stationed in Winter Harbor in the early 70's it was a TV show out of Milbridge, Me. They had people from Maine singing country wrestern...local people on Saturdays. Went a few times...had a riot...snow bird was popular then. :wwp: Gotta tell ya...that Maine acsent singing country-western...well if you ever saw this, you know what I mean.

Got another memory that I am real fond of from that time. Maine had the class system for high school football before most of the country. There was a highschool from up around Arostoock that made the playoffs and came down to play Sulivan. The whole highschool and the team fit on one bus. The anouncers were going crazy during the game...of the five players...4 were MacFadins and one was an O'Righly. Pardin my lack of spelling correctness...but I have never listened to a game called like that. :banghead: I think I remember Sulivan winning in a close game...the whole base was pulling for the team up by Arestoock...they were the underdogs. :WRS: Maybe 1973 + or _ one year. :thumbs:

whfan74

Have fun in all of that snow! We are getting it here too...........thankfully not that much! Be safe and have fun!

MaineDad

Hey Micah, What part of Maine are you in? Stay warm and safe!

Doc,

I am up in New Gloucester near the last Shaker Village in the country. Just east of Sebago Lake.

MaineDad

Steve,

It was **** Stacey's Country Jamboree. He's a local celebrity up here :banghead:

When I played football for MDI High School in Bar Harbor, we too could fit the team, band and cheerleaders all on one bus too. Our local cable access announcing team could only be understood by us locals :thumbs:

hotrodmerc

Location, location, location! :thumbs:

Northern Virginia

Daddy Don

Too much snow for me. Keep warm and safe.

linen beige

high school football ...of the five players...

I think I remember Sulivan winning in a close game...

No wonder they lost. What with only five players on the team. :thumbs:

Micah, Stay safe and stay warm.

Gerry w

Kick that storms butt!!! Stay safe and get some more pics from that upper window!!!

I removed about 5 inches of wet heavy stuff today, got to fill up the gas cans tomorrow!!

Good luck Micah!!

MaineDad

Just got done doing another round of clearing snow. This was about 5 to 6 inches of fluffy light snow. I was having some fun seeing how high I could shoot the snow with the wind behind me :thumbs: Hit the top of a pretty tall oak tree!

The usual picture from the window upstairs will be shot tomorrow...

bork

Northern Virginia

Yup, I'm just a tad N of you. Thats why I was asking all the Qs. Never done this before.