Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

C 101

The Toolman

Hello There,

New guy from The Lake of The Ozarks in Mo.

Have a chance to trade $150 worth of bobcat work (3 hours) to a buddy of mine for this tractor as it sets. Needs battery an new rear tires, they are so rotted they won't hold air. Besides, they look like heck anyway. He said tractor runs fine, all gears an rear end in great shape also. No deck is with the machine, this is how he got it years ago.

Is it worth it? All I will have in it is a little labor an a few $ in gas for the bobcat.

This is my first WH, and I thought I might give restoring it a try. I have all the tools an equip. to do it with, but thought I would get a coupla opinions here first. Most of my work I used to do was building hotrods for all the guys when I was a lot younger an owned a auto repair biz

Thanx :notworthy:

fabricator2009

Hello, In my opinion, a good deal is if you are sastified. If you are happy , then it was a great deal. :notworthy: Ken from Mentone In.

The Toolman

Well, I shrunk the pic down to fit the size limit, but it won't show up for some reason. Kinda makes the post worthless without the picture...

rickv1957

Toolman,I to live at lake of Ozarks :notworthy: Rick

wallfish

:notworthy:

This should help you with posting pics Click Here

The Toolman

I don't mess with moving pics an all that stuff. I just thought that if I had them down to the right size I could just add them to the spot where it says file attachments.

Is that not possible here or am I doing something wrong? The pics are over at the my tractor forum under the toro wh folder as C 101. I just put them up.

I guess I'll just hafta use this forum as a info source if you can't post pics using the forum tools.

Not trying to be mean or anything, I just don't wanna go to the trouble of messing with them like that. Some of us ol' farts like the easiest way of doing things.... :notworthy:

Thanx,

Ron

truckin88

well photobucket or tinyurl work a lot nicer than forum upload, MTF is bigger with bigger sponsers as it is multi brand and equipment related.

Anyways, saw the tractor, the blade in winter is worth $150-$200 alone, plus it is in decent condition.

$25 for a battery at wally world.

$125 for new ags off ebay

Maybe $25 - 30, for new plug, and fluids.

It is a nice tractor. I would do it. You'll be ahead. Out here in NY they charge $95 for mini escavator work (like bobcat 322), your price is cheap.

T-Mo

You can use the "File Attachments" thingy, but there is a size limit - not only in pixels, but kb size also. You can send them to me at terryreed2@aol.com and I can add them if you like, if you don't want to use photobucket or another outside host.

The Toolman

Thanx Rollerman... :notworthy:

rickv1957

Toolman,your tractor looks to be in pretty good shape :notworthy: Rick

The Toolman

Thanx guys, especially you Rick for all of the good info over the phone awhile ago.

T-Mo

Here's the picture of the C-101 that Ron is talking about here:

c-101_wheel__horse_001.jpg

c-101_wheel__horse_002.jpg

c-101_wheel__horse_004.jpg

c-101_wheel__horse_003.jpg

can whlvr

i have a c101 and i love it,maybe the nicest to drive of my small collection,i would jump on that deal,as long as you like to fix things,or should isay tinker with,go for it

bo dawg

Sounds good to me :notworthy: I'd jump on it for that! Shoot, I would just put tubes in the back tires for now and save the money till you get the rest of it tuned in.

gwgdog66

:thumbs: Go for it :notworthy:

The Toolman

Thanx again for the great welcome Guys. I'm anxious to go get it this weekend an get started on it.... :notworthy:

JimD

a great deal IMHO. :notworthy:

rmaynard

:thumbs:

Nice to have you on board. I hope there is enough room for you and your horses in Lake of the Ozarks with Rick V out there too.

:notworthy:

Bob in Maryland

The Toolman

:WRS:

Nice to have you on board. I hope there is enough room for you and your horses in Lake of the Ozarks with Rick V out there too.

:thumbs:

Bob in Maryland

No problem... :notworthy: The lake is 90 miles long an Rick is about right in the middle, an I'm at the west end of it.

rickv1957

There is always room for wheelhorses and the folks that own them, :notworthy: Rick