rick

416-H for sale

rick

I went to pick up some parts this afternoon, and decided to walk over and look at a Wheel Horse parked at the curb in front of the store. It is a 1990 416-H with 719 hours on the clock, comes with a 42" RD deck, and a blade. the asking price is $1799, down from $2000. Now this not a restored unit, in fact my '89 310-8 is a lot sharper looking.

As much as I want a hydrostatic unit, this is kind of out of my comfort zone. I told the young man at the parts counter that I would be interested at $1000, and that is too much, I think.

What say you? Deal, or no deal?

HorseFixer

I went to pick up some parts this afternoon, and decided to walk over and look at a Wheel Horse parked at the curb in front of the store. It is a 1990 416-H with 719 hours on the clock, comes with a 42" RD deck, and a blade. the asking price is $1799, down from $2000. Now this not a restored unit, in fact my '89 310-8 is a lot sharper looking.

As much as I want a hydrostatic unit, this is kind of out of my comfort zone. I told the young man at the parts counter that I would be interested at $1000, and that is too much, I think.

What say you? Deal, or no deal?

Rick, :notworthy: NO DEAL! Too much I Agree! :thumbs: What does it come with? :WRS:

rick

The tractor comes with a plow blade, and a 42" side discharge deck without the chute extension. The gas gage/cap plastic cover has three cracks in it, it has been setting in the weather at least two months, I will leave it to your imagination what will happen about three minutes after it starts next (if it does...) No chute extension isn't a deal breaker, but why in the world don't folks hold on to that stuff when they take it off? We don't get much snow here, mostly ice, so the blade wasn't used too much for that purpose, but, it has been repainted, not recently. Blades go for $100 to $200 around here. I paid $300 for my C111 with a 36" side discharge deck and complete blade. Most folk don't include the rear hitch when they sell the blade.... As much as I would like to have a Hydro, "I'm just looking" at this "deal.

Cody

I would say if the tractor is fairly nice and everything works as it should than it would probably be worth $1000 and 719 hours is not alot of time on it. But $1799 on the other hand i feel is more than it is worth especially if it's been stored outside. just my 2cents, Good luck with it :notworthy:

marvairplanes

Rick,

Walk past the "plastic" tractors sitting in front of the big box stores...

What will $1000, or even $1799 buy???

Lots of people pay that much for a "throw away" model !

Do it !!!

Marv (NW Oh)

rick

The 416-H is still sitting out in the weather. I looked at it again, and darned if it doesn't have a 37" deck under it. I swear it had a 42" deck last time I looked. We know it needs the smaller wheels and tires on the front for that 37" deck.

The present owners of the business bought it from a family that started it some time ago, my C-100 came from there new. Evidently, they took the 416-H in on trade, and gave way too much for it. As much as I want a Hydro, that one will not follow me home......

Sparky

So your willing to pay $1000? Leave your offer and a phone# with the place and let it go at that.

Just my opinion.

Mike.....

rustynut

719 hours is alot and fer 1000$ it is still to much im just sayin i wouldnt buy it fer that much with tht many hours on it

• Like 1

Gene_S

Rick,

One word "Dealer"... I know they have to make their money to but it just amazes me how much people get for trade in and then how much they ask for it one hour after they "sopposily" check it out.

BUT... I paided $1500 for my 1986 416-8 in 1998 after my D-160 pump died and it has been my work horse till this day. I'd do what Sparky said, if your willing to go $1000. Lets look at that as $500 for the tractor and $166.66 dollars for the plow, deck and snow blower each. That don't sound to bad at that price.

Hope you can save the horse!!!

Gene

rickv1957

Rick 1000.00 sounds like plenty as Ive seen them sell for less in good shape,Rick

Tom S

So. Based on what I'm reading here a 

416H with a 48" mowing deck and 920 hours would be a deal at $1000?

Tom S

Correction-would NOT be a deal.  

It is 28 years old.  But since it's a tractor that means it's got a lot of life in it - at least based on what the seller is telling me...

opinions?

953 nut

:WRS:

@Tom S you are responding to an eight year old thread. Are you considering buying a specific :wh:.

Start a new post under introductions and let us know what you are looking for.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/47-introductions/

• Like 1