Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Drive/Clutch Belt Adjustment???

mowerman1193

My drive belt was slipping and was not grabbing until the clutch peddle was all the way up..I tried to adjust it but the only adjustment I could find was the rod that conects to the peddle and goes up under the seat pan..If I turn this one all I see happens is it moves the position of the peddle..

Anyway I figure it may need a new belt. So I got one and put it on.Now it seems too tight and will not stop so I can get it into gear..

Anyone have any advice on what I can do..Nothing like waiting until the blizzard is here to fix this thing..as we are in a blizzard warning from now until tomorrow night..

Thanks in advance for any help

Kevin

can whlvr

did you use a toro belt or an after market?

mowerman1193

Well after looking it over and doing some research i found my problem to be an aftermarket belt :notworthy:

I really like to use the OEM belts but was hoping to get by with this until I got over to the dealer..

Looks like I have another belt hanging on the wall to remind me to just go to the dealer to get my belts, LOL

Dale

If the belt is to small and you can't get it into gear without grinding them. i would not use it. It's not worth tearing the trans out over a simple cheap belt.

rickv1957

The OEM belts are the only way to go,they work perfect every time,Rick