whfan74

Suitcase weights

whfan74

I have 175 lbs. hanging off the back in those top pics along with the (2) 50 lb. wheel weights. I am probably at the top of what should be back there in terms of weight. There may be others with a different opinion.

C-Series14

I have 8 40 lb. suitcase weights and 2 50 lb. wheel weights on the back of my C-161 with the FEL. Been on there for many years. Of course the FEL offsets some of that weight.... :thumbs:

001-2.jpg

dgoyette

Sure would like someone to fab some of these up. Anyone with the talent willing I wonder?

William webster
On 1/19/2010 at 11:45 AM, Daveycrocket said:

I am in the process of designing a new style suitcase weight bracket that has stationary brackets mounted to the tractor, with a quick release weight hanger that is able to be removed in about 5 seconds along with how ever many weights you want on or off the rear end up to 8 weights, but these are the more commonly found cheep weights i have found on ebay they are around 28lbs each. the reason to make the whole bracket a quick release is so you can mount the tiller without having to unbolt anything, or what ever rear attachment might be in the way with the original weight bracket. I will also be making one for the front of the tractor that utilizes the quick attach hitch and the same suitcase weights. I cant say that i will be manufacturing these in any quantity besides my own considering the cost involved with making them would be astronomical. There will be a lot of hours on AutoCAD, CAM, a very expensive CNC machine, a hobart 250 ironman, sandblasting scale, and powder coating. Its going to be great! What i can say is once I get them done in the next few months I will post the pictures maybe even a video of some of the fabrication process. I came up with this idea months before i came across this post, see i saw in my 1988 wheel horse brochure the suitcase weights way back when, got in touch with toro and all the local old school dealers to try and get some info on this set up with no luck, no part numbers or anything. I spent an hour on the phone with toro trying to get some information only to end up with a list of third party manufactures that had no idea who made the system or anything. So i decided to make my own. I bought the suitcase weights a few months ago and was hoping to get a tiller and 50" mid-mount grader so I could verify no clearance issues with the two attachments, but its hard to find those two in great newer shape reasonably local to Michigan. so I am just going off the diagrams that toro has for those attachments and hoping that they work. But if any of you guys out there have those two attachments that are in great condition reasonably close to me, I would be willing to make a second set of these brackets and hangers for you, for the cost(probably around $175, powder coated,everything), if you can sell me those two attachments for a good price. These brackets are being made to fit a 1997 520H, but i have a 1989 310-8 that I am going to cross reference as well in the design so they should be able to fit the 300,400,500 series across the board. like I said I am only interested in very good-great condition, 50" mid-mount grader and 36" tiller with pulley assembly for the 1997 520H, the newer the better. Thanks guys :thumbs:

Attached Image

post-4-1263919542.jpg

Do you have any pictures or video of your bracket mount?

seuadr
On 3/28/2021 at 12:26 AM, William webster said:

Do you have any pictures or video of your bracket mount?

that guy was last active in 2016 so, you are unlikely to get a response.