Sign in to follow this  
Mith

C125

Mith

Got this today, having a few teething troubles, but it runs and drives great. Had a new engine not too long ago.

It needs a bit of tidying up, and a bit of looking after, but its been maintained.

I think someone has changed the gear ratios on the drive, it goes a bit quicker than I have come to expect from these tractors.

Its a shame its missing all the PTO parts, I was hoping to mow with it, but I'll probably set it up for logging instead.

21-02-08_1828.jpg

wesley

That looks great mith , where do you find them , if you run out of room am shure me and lan can look after some for you , dont no if you would ever get them back thou lol.

wes

PS and all l can get hold of is a bolens hydro and the story of my life that to has gearbox trouble, can not remember as a kid having a gear box to play with .

Sparky

Nice find Mith! The Black Hood tractors are my favorites. I have a C-85, C-105 and a C125.

Mike..........

Greg B.

I'm with Mike, I like the black hoods. Good catch. :thumbs:

Greg B.

baerpath

Good find :thumbs:

I'm a little partial to the black hood myself :thumbs: Have a few of them

Duane

Stigian

if you run out of room am sure me and lan can look after some for you , dont no if you would ever get them back thou lol.

:D theres always space for another WH or two at Castle Stigian :P

Thats a nice find Jim :thumbs: , where did ya find it and do they have any more :thumbs: :D

Mith

Wes, you gotta be friendly with your local mower shop. I get a nice phonecall when a WH will be coming in on trade :thumbs:

I have a nice '71 lawnranger that needs looking after!

Whats wrong with the bolens box? If its with the gears they are quite easy, if its with the hydro part, it starts getting tricky.

The C is pretty nice, I've not had a black hood before. The rubber mounted engine is nice, not feeling the vibrations is really weird.

Mith

For a tractor that I didn't need I've been using the 125 a heck of alot.

Added the comfy seat the day after I bought it, and I've just added an additional muffler and stack. Made it a little quieter, but most of all, it doesn't kick up the dust.

Needs a bumper next, was worried I'd damage the hood shunting a car around today....

I'm slowly sorting the issues that it had, got the engine running nicely now, just needed a good tune up. Changed the oil in the gearbox, adjusted the clutch and brake, replaced a tie rod, and alot of lubrication. Need to sort the wiring next, I would like to add a car alternator and a truck battery to jump big machines. Want to add hydraulics for a tipping trailer too, and a linkage.

27-02-08_1738.jpg

Stigian

I get a nice phonecall when a WH will be coming in on trade :D

If you get more phone calls than you can fit in your workshop, let me and Wes know jim :P:D

Are you going to colour code the seat to match the hood :thumbs::thumbs:

Needs a bumper next, was worried I'd damage the hood shunting a car around today

Putting the WH before a car, i like your thinking :P

Mith

No more tractors yet, when mowing starts I'll bet more come in on trade when people cant get them started and buy new.

I wont have any more unless they are interesting ones, or very cheap :thumbs: Got anything you are looking out for?

Give the seat a month and It'll be as black as the hood :thumbs: I think I'll tape a binliner over it, its gunna get real nasty otherwise.

wesley

Well mith , if an old rough and cheap three speed raider came up, l would be intrested so l could play with the two gearbox project, this is lans fault sowing the seeds in my head lol, l bet you are better with putors than me , find a piccy and post it for the guys over the pond of a tractor called the doe, its two fordsons joined together, what a horse it would make , dam my brain hurts .

wes

Mith

I'll keep an eye Wes. Got a pic of 2 C series in a triple D formation.

Owned by a guy out your way, Oxted I think.

tripled.jpg

Stigian

Got anything you are looking out for

Give me a couple of hours to write the list Jim :thumbs::D

this is lans fault sowing the seeds in my head lol

It wasnt me Wes, i didnt do it, you cant prove anything :D:P:P

Looking through the pics you sent me Wes, your never short on project ideas :thumbs:

wesley

Hi mith , am going to try and make contact with him , and try and get a meeting with him, and gain more info on his build, please give lan about 3 weeks to do his list lol , all l want is another raider .

wes

Mith

Wes,

I looked harder, his name is Simon Smith, and I believe he works here --> http://www.dwayliffe.co.uk

Oxted, Surrey

pics to follow

Mith

Small6.jpg

Small5.jpg

Small4.jpg

Small3.jpg

Small2.jpg

9-15thSeptember05.jpg

14-3rdOctober05.jpg

13-16thSeptember05.jpg

wesley

Nice one mith , yes l no that firm , will ring them , but to be honest your piccys show it all , or enough to build one , just need the tractors and the money lol, have to blame that lan for the sleepless nights , mybe we should do a joint build and show it.

wes

Mith

:thumbs: I dont think we even have 2 of the same tractor between us all!

I'd like to attend a show this summer, I might apply to the Dorset Steam Fair, we dont have anything locally.

wesley

Very true mith , every one has a differant sort of tractor, yes if you fancy a show do it, we have a couple local , will dig out the info if you want , me and lan could come and help you out , now look lan l will take mith to the beer tent while you load up his tractors , he wont miss them lol

wes

wesley

Very true mith , every one has a differant sort of tractor, yes if you fancy a show do it, we have a couple local , will dig out the info if you want , me and lan could come and help you out , now look lan l will take mith to the beer tent while you load up his tractors , he wont miss them lol

wes :thumbs:

Mith

Yea, let me know the details, if they arent too far from here I might be interested. The hardest thing is moving the things.

3 tractors, conincidence? You buy the beer though, and no drink driving :thumbs:

28-02-08_1659.jpg

illinilefttackle

Nice find Mith! As you can tell by my avatar I'm partial to the "Brethren of the Black Hoods" myself. Keep the photos coming-I can't wait to see what you do with it!-AL :thumbs:

Stigian

Morning all, the WH line-up looks good Jim :thumbs:

I like the idea of meeting up for a few shows, if you could did up the info Wes :thumbs:

Just a thought here, why waist money getting Jim drunk, when we could hijack his WH load on the road :D:P :D