Sign in to follow this  
dunk50

416-H with grass bagger

dunk50

Can someone tell me what I would have to do to change my tractor bagger attachment. I see many 300 400 series on this forum with a double bagger that just has a chute and attachment to the deck. Mine is the one with the double pulley on the deck which turn another blower that hangs on the end of the deck. What makes mine so different from the others?????

stevebo

Dunk,

You have the powered vac bagger system. The others are just a boot that connects the the chute and is only powered by a lift blade which at times is not enough to push the leaves/grass and usually gets clogged if you do not use it with a lift blade. If you are looking to sell yours, please let me know first. Thanks- :thumbs: :notworthy:

dunk50

Stevebo, I did not know they made high lift blades and a chute for this set up. I don't pick up grass but once or twice a year so I think I could make it work if I can find the parts. I see MTD,s, Wheel Horses and almost every other tractor with just the normal set up. Mine seems to be overkill BUT it does PICKUP. I just have a small yard so it's really not a big deal. I did have to buy a new case / squirrel cage as they are made of PVC and the one I bought was cracked all over. I'll start doing some searching for a chute for a 42" deck. Thanks

jtmoyer

i think the regular bagger will only fit on a 37"deck.

stevebo

You are correct in saying they only came on the 37 inch decks and works best with the 6 inch front wheels but i have used this set up with 8 inch fronts and it rubs when making a tight turn. Good luck.

ps I have this set up if interested.

dunk50

stevebo, my 416H came with 6" front wheels. That is one reason that I question why it would not work. This unit is the 11 cf and thus has the large two prong fork that comes off the hitch pin and bolts to the trans. that is to carry the bags. The only difference is the 42" vs the 37" and the type blades. Do they even make high lift blades for a 42" deck.