Sign in to follow this  
chesbaycruiser

Can I Get A Show Of Hands????

Save Old Iron

Any apparent difference in hardness between the two? Have you done a scratch test?

Mike, I'm still exploring the whole "proper preparation - pre-painting" concept

Some early attempts I made last year while I was just learning allowed some of the paint to be scratched off way too easily.

So any comments I have on that subject could be shot down very quickly.

I'm building a little spray booth / outside "big stuff" sandblasting table as we speak and hopefully will get my paint routine a little more refined this year.

I did state in my previous post that I thought Valspar Berry did lay down a little smoother than the Resto series - but that could have easily been me getting further up on the learning curve.

Operator

:omg:

I know, but it is interesting is it not?

I'm going to do one of my 520's and know that is different than like my C-160.

So I was thinking which "shade" would be better. mine will be sand blast and spray gun job..

This helps, thanks!

Randy

dobeleo

The only paint I could find when I started working on my 1986 312-A was the Rustoleum IH Red Enamel. This stuff covered great on the frame so far plus I used the industrial primer, I think it just has alot more pigment in it. covers great!

Dan

algrc120man

go to a local case ih dealer and get the old ih red or the new and compare it to tsc or valspare there is truly a vivid contrast diffierence :omg:

bo dawg

Red is red aint it? just grab what ever feels good that day and paint her, especially if its on sell :omg::D

But seriously, I haven't done much painting and what I have used was the rustoleum regal red and it seemed to have done great. But if you're not doing the whole tractor and just certain areas you would have to go with what best matches. Which for me so far has been the regal red. :D

I guess when I do a complete restore I will go with the IH restore paint #1

Save Old Iron

just grab what ever feels good that day and paint her

last time I did that, I had to apologize to the old girl for a month before she would cook for me again !

ozarksboy

Well I certainly would never have believed that I would get this much feedback from you all ! Thanks so much for your imput. I have made up my mind to go with the valspar restoration in Berry Red. Those side by side pics of the hubs kinda did it for me. What cha all think ? Now the BIG Question is..................What cha all think about WHEEL colors ? Lets open up another can of worms folks.

:thumbs::thumbs: Mike

stevebo

I have used both IH Restoration and IH Red (non restoration). I like the regular IH red as it has a deeper red than the restoration. The restoration has an orange tint to it..

VinsRJ

I have used both IH Restoration and IH Red (non restoration). I like the regular IH red as it has a deeper red than the restoration. The restoration has an orange tint to it..

+2, What Steve said.

mavfreak

I still like the ford red. But like everyone says its all in what you like.

bmuone

I use the IH restoration paint. But when I paint it look like a 2 year old with a marksalot.

earlleecliffton

I bought a can of the resto today , Its too orange for me