Sign in to follow this  
Prater

10HP Oil Dipstick?

Prater

Will the dipstick and tube from a 16hp motor fit the 10hp motor or do I need to find one from a small block Kohler? My 10HP does not have one and I would like to add it for easier maintenance.

Thanks

rickv1957

10 thru 16hp use the same dipstick and tube with the big oil pan, the rubber mount engines use a shorter dipstick,Rick

Prater

Thanks Rick, I need to add the dipstick and tube. This is a solid mount like the 16HP parts engine I have.

TT

If your 241 has the "old-school" square-headed pipe plug/rod style dipstick it won't be drilled for the bolt on dipstick tube.

Prater

TT,

Thats what I have on the 10HP, I will go to my pallet of parts and see what the 16HP has. Where is a good place to get an old style pipe plug tube and dipstick?

TT

The old style didn't have a tube.... it was screwed directly into a tapped hole in the block.

It would look like this one:

dgsfgdfs.jpg

Prater

Maybe I already have that one. I will check tonihgt. It looked like someone had taken the tube and added some pipe to the block.

rickv1957

Steve,I was thinking the C100 had the new style dipstick,Rick

Prater

OK,

I am an idiot. I have a dipstick already, just like the one TT showed in the pic. Its just not as easy to check as the one my other WH...At least the oil is new in the block.

rickv1957

steven,sounds like you have it covered but there is the correct dipstick on ebay now for 0.99, Rick