Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

417-8 speed questions

Rollerman

I bought a 417-8 speed from a friend last weekend & hope to get it ready for my father to plow snow with.

The 310-8 I found him a few years ago is due for some work & the power of the KT series two engine will let him use a 48" deck for his large yard.

My father has a torn rotator cup on the left side makeing it difficult for him to raise an implement manually...& he also prefers gear drives over hydros. :thumbs:

Hopefully he'll find the electric lift to his likeing.

So on to the question part.

Is it typical for the electric lift on the 400 series tractors to set the floorboard & side cover out so far on the left side? :notworthy:

Is there any maintenance that needs to be done to the actuator itself?

Also this tractor at one time sported a C195 60" deck.

To get the clearance at the front tires a 310/312 type front end & tires were used.

I have several 8" front wheels...but all of them are the LB or off white color.

Anyone find a decent match for the 3, 4, & 500 series silver rims in a rattle can?

Be nice to E tank a set of fronts, color match & also touch up the rear wheels before I send it to dad.

1a.jpg

jtmoyer

yes, the left side will stick out farther due to the electric lift taking up more room. i love the electric lift. it is slower then my hydro but not a heavy as a manual lift.

just make sure the connections stay clean on the relay, mine set out side years before i got it and the connections rusted along with the relay.

if you are going to put 8" rims back on the frot make sure you use the shorter spindle.

nice looking tractor and only a one year run for the vented hood and electric lift model.

rickv1957

The 417-8 with electric lift is a very fine tractor as I have a low hour one,love the sound of the kohler twin,Rick

DMESS

It's funny..I remember that tractor being on ebay awhile back. Something about a 400 series with a C-195 deck on it sticks out in your mind, LOL. Looks like it is in pretty decent shape. Keep that KT full of oil and mind it closely. The series II and Magnums were just as capable as the Series I at turning their sweet sounds into block ventilation, LOL.

The 417-8 and 418-8 are two of my favorite Maroon Stripes. Neat having the 8 speed/power lift combination.