Sign in to follow this  
WH Raider 10

Ignition Problems

WH Raider 10

Evening Ladies and Gents,

Here is an interesting question I have. I recently bought a Raider 10. when i got it all the wire near the dash were disconnected except for a few. i printed a wiring diagram for a 69 or 73 Raider 10, 12 ,14 and reattached them according except mine is a four prong where the 69 or 73 wiring diagram showed 5. i am missing a prong for magneto I think.

Now I had it running w/o the battery in both off and run/run with acc. it would only turn off it i turned the key to start. i figured it was doing that because i had no battery. Now i have a battery and it still isn't working right. I need to disconnect this wire in order to start the tractor:

SDC11656.jpg

then when i try to reconnect the wire it turns off. but if i switch the key to off before i reconnect the wire it doesn't turn off but then i can turn it off by turning the key to run/run with acc. :thumbs:

SDC11658.jpg

What do i do to fix this and why is it happening?:WRS:

If you need any additional info please don't hesitate to ask. i want to solve this problem and you guys are the best help i can get! :notworthy:

Thanks,

:) Dan B.

Kelly

Well from what you said and the pic. of the switch you have the wrong ign. switch, kinda sounds like it is for batt. ign. not mag. ign.

WH Raider 10

thanks for the response! :notworthy:

:thumbs: Dan B.

gwest_ca

What are the numbers on your data plate? 1-0300? + 6-digit serial #?

Garry

WH Raider 10

1 0300 6 and 779054

:notworthy: Dan B.

gwest_ca

The 4-position 5-wire ignition switch is still available from Toro # 8362. Terminals should be marked L-B-M-S-R

Garry

WH Raider 10

Sweet! Thanks for the information Garry.

:notworthy: Dan B.