Sign in to follow this  
cwilson

Diy Belly scraper

cwilson

My Commando 800 came with a severely rusted through mower deck attached. The frame that connects the deck to the tractor is rusty but usable. My question is; has anyone successfully attached a scraper blade to this frame, taking the place of the mower deck? I'm cheap and I just need to spread soil to level low spots. No scraping of existing soil or gravel moving. I intend to cut up an old steel tank to make the blade.

TJ

I can't help you, "butt" I bet MACGYVER could. :notworthy:

KyBlue

Here is the factory version..

WHmidmountbladefinished01-1.jpg

WHmidmountbladefinished02-1.jpg

Thanks duff, I hope its okay I borrowed your photos

cwilson

That's what I have in mind. I guess using the mower frame would mean only a very thin blade would fit. Now to either find one of the factory models or crank up a CAD program and start taking measurements.

ronscat

Mine here:

Ron

P1000211.jpg

P1000243.jpg

cwilson

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Ronscat.

I have a friend cutting up an old water tank as we speak. If the blade proves strong enough I'll make a toolbar for a cultivator....

Duff

Thanks duff, I hope its okay I borrowed your photos

Any time! Honored that you did!

Duff :notworthy:

Doubletrouble

Keep us posted on the build. I could use one myself, but then again who couldn't use more WH attachments :notworthy:

jla1257

In need of a grader myself, I found these plans http://www.vintageprojects.com/tractors/grader.pdf on line and am toying with the idea of adapting them to fit my 1257. There is an architectural salvage yard near me where I can get some old, thick pieces of cypress. I am considering cypress because of its natural rot resistance. Or, the other option is to find a section of used 21

rickv1957

An old roadgrader bolt on cutting edge would make a great start,that is what Ron,s appears to be,Rick

cwilson

I've been looking for a wear plate, but like I said, I'm cheap. I'm at a disadvantage in this area because we have a steel mill that buys from the public and most people take their scrap there.

876wheelhorse

ok are most of these hooking up where the deck hooks up? I think i seen some fabbed up to hook up where the blade would hook up on the rear axle??? I have a plow here to cut up but just need some dimensions on what to do. i think it would be easier to make one that mounts to the rear mount. let me know thinking on building one now

ronscat

Rick, you are exactly right - on Ron's -part of an old road grader cutting blade. It can be rotated with the one bolt (actually 2 bolts) at the top front and back and the several holes in the plate. The blade was free from the County road department.

Ron

cwilson

I'm still working on gathering the bits and pieces I need to complete mine. Unfortunately, we have a steel mill here that buys scrap from the public and that means that very few sources for it are available. Once I get the pivot plates and supports for the back of the blade, I'll be posting the build progress....