Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

sundstand interchangeability

can whlvr

I have a c160 1975 auto,love the hydro and the lift,i also have a c 120 auto 1975,both have the sundstrand 90 series i think,the 120 has no rear end tags any more,can the lift v alve and cylinder be used on all the trannts or were there differences in the charge pump for manual lift units???please help,id like to buy a set up if possible

can whlvr

nobody knows if a 120 manual lift can have hydro lift ???

dgoyette

Never done it...but I do know that it is the same trans and pump - the holes the hyrdraulic lines run to are just plugged. So you can put the hydraulic lift on the C-120. Just a matter of getting the parts is my understanding.

Since you have the C-160 should be easy for you since you can easily see all the parts needed and where they go!

Sarge

You could check with Joe's Outdoor power, maybe he could pull the valve and spring needed (some also have a check ball/spring) and just send those parts. All the Sundstrands are capable of having lift cylinders added it's just a matter of the right check valves being installed. As a side note, might want to inspect the front small port on the C-160, note what valve/spring is in it and see if perhaps the 120 already has one. I bought a complete pump/hydrogear awhile back and to my surprise the valves were already there.

Sarge

can whlvr

thanks for the info guys,now i know it can be done,i noticed a set here on red square,kinda broke this time in my life but i will set her up soon.