Sign in to follow this  
418a

10 hp kohler pan swap

418a

I'm looking at a kohler 10 out of a JD come to find out the pan is deeper than the one I had on the other 10 kohler.Can I just swap the pan out from the one to the other so it will clear my frame or is there more to do than that??Or should I keep looking!!Thanks for any help!! 418a :scratchead:

pfrederi

Not much info to go on.

Generally you can swap pans however some issues to look at include teh dipper on the rod bearing cap (there are long and short ones) If the block is from a newer motor that had oil level sensor it may not match the oil pan. I wanted to mount a Magnum 12 on a shaker mount. Got the right oil pan from a K series and had to fill in some cut outs on the engine block Made to clear oil sensor switch) with JB Weld to get it to seal with the older oil pan

418a

There both older moters I just don't know about the oil slingers??

red rider-46

Kohler had two types of engines normally the shallow pan was used in the cub cadets at least in my experience. The pan gasket was different. The short rod dipper was usually used on the cubs. I should think that if the different pan lines up that the only thing you need to worry about is rod clearance and proper oil level.

baerpath

Gonna depend on what mount system your using. Frame or shaker style ?

418a

Thanks guys!!! Well I went pass the 10 hp kolher and put a 14 in its place TIGHT FIT!!!! The B 80 is a B140 now,need wheelie bars now !!! lol Just a trailer puller for wood and gardenin. :scratchead: Brian