HorseFixer

Dukes Snow Blower Automation

HorseFixer

Capt'n yep Dowagiac is 14 miles north of me. Yep when ya get ready to make it down and see Ma send me a PM ahead of time and will see if we can hook up and maybe even have an Irish Coffee! :WRS: Okay Okay maybe some egg nog! :notworthy: Calling all Capt'ns ! :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

Whoa, Duke, easy son. Am I gonna have to come down there and give you another big ol' bear hug?

:notworthy::banghead::thumbs::WRS: :)

HorseFixer

Whoa, Duke, easy son. Am I gonna have to come down there and give you another big ol' bear hug?

:):hide::banghead::banghead::banghead:

NOPE! YOU better get Both yer Butts down here and get some STEAKS :notworthy: in ya! Before I forget how to cook EM! :thumbs2: Besides Im givin ya another QT of the good stuff cause when I gave you that single QT I was thinking K-91 4hp action, and yer a 16hp kinda guy! :WRS: Anyways this is some of the groceries yer getting! So hurry up! :thumbs:

NewYears009.jpg

oldandred

NOPE! YOU better get Both yer Butts down here and get some STEAKS :notworthy: in ya! Before I forget how to cook EM! :thumbs2: Besides Im givin ya another QT of the good stuff cause I was thinking K-91 4hp action and yer a 16hp kinda guy! :WRS:

Anyways this is what yer getting! So hurry up! :thumbs:

NewYears009.jpg

Well duke its time for the funny farm for you but get some one to take a picture when dale gives you a hug that I have to see

May you have snow all year long

truckin88

Duke,

Here is the LED tail, direct replacment, a crappy cell pic mounted on my C-120.

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

HorseFixer

Truckin I have a slew of LED bulbs I got off of flee bay they should be here any day now. That will reduce my power consumption and my hopes is less problems in the long haul! :notworthy:

Today I got my lower panel in front back from my seamstress gal. She had missed a broken zipper so she installed a new one of those, and sewed in a opening and trim for the heat duct to pass through. She also had done some patching and got the panel all repaired. The door panels still had Grey paint on the wire frames, I painted all of those with val spar gloss black with hardener those dried for 24 hrs so I installed all these panels & heat duct hose. with all the panels in place I decided to take some temp tests and see just how warm I could get the cab, This Was The Moment Of Truth. the outside temp was around 58 degrees when I pulled the rig out of the garage at about 7:00 p.m. The heat pumping out of the duct was 152.3 degrees. In a matter of 15 minutes it was 91.1 degrees in the cab :thumbs: a 33 degree temp rise over the outdoor temp wasn't to shabby. It got so hot in the cab I had to peel off my sweatshirt :Mg: Today I will install some ties on the panels, my seamstress gal cut some 1 1/2 squares out of the vinyl and sewed on some 8" ties I will glue these in the locations needed. If the vinyl glue does not hold she will sew these in place. I also will be installing some Velcro in some places all this will tighten up the Cab from the outdoors even further. I purchased some firestone Tri Rib Tires from Miller tires I didnt like the price but from what I have heard they are the best! At this point whats another $150.00 to get the job done right! :WRS:

x032.jpg

x048.jpg

x049.jpg

x050.jpg

x047.jpg

x045.jpg

x037.jpg

TRIRIBTIRES.jpg

Curmudgeon

That is one awesome setup!

Hopefully, the various holidays won't interfere too much, but once I get my parts pickups lined up, I'll be a calling to come a callin'!

Looking forward to the steak, but leave the mushrooms and shrimp for someone else, they'd be wasted on me.... LOL

HorseFixer

Yesterday did some misc work on the rig. I added a bunch of tie offs that were missing on the Cab Since Who Knows How Long. I also installed a small indoor outdoor Thermometer that will help me with my tests. :notworthy: I put a spare Garage Door Opener in there which is a must and last but not least was I installed a couple LED RED light strips this gave a perfect amount of light in the cab at night but does not distract from seeing things outside In the last Pic you can see these mounted overhead behind me! Here are some pics and a couple Night time Videos. :thumbs:

x056.jpg

x071.jpg

x073.jpg

x062.jpg

x063.jpg

x070.jpg

x066.jpg

Here are a couple Videos Below!

Click Here To See Night Time Video 1

Click Here To See Night Time Video 2

Jim_M

If you get much more stuff in that cab you'll have to hire a midget to drive it for you. :thumbs: :notworthy:

pbradley68

What? No remote Starter? Then your cab will be warm before you get in :notworthy:

HorseFixer

What? No remote Starter? Then your cab will be warm before you get in :banghead:

Midget in the Cab! :banghead: You guys are killin me here! :thumbs:

Remote Starter! :notworthy: I don't need one of those! I got MJ, She Will go out in the garage, fill it up, ck the oil, start it. and pull it out of the garage and up to the front steps. Shovel a path to it for me and have my coffee poured and ready! :WRS:

Why pbradley68? Doesn't or Would't yer wife do that 4 you? :)

TJ

IT'S ALIVE.

whfan74

Unbelievable Duke! :thumbs:

Oh to just have the time! :notworthy:

stevasaurus

Duke...absolutly aewsome...you should probably patient some of your ideas. :notworthy:

One thing, no one talked about...you know you are going to travel the neighborhood in that tractor showing it off. I would walk the route once with a pair of prunners looking for any low branches. Don't want to knock off one of those lights or that strobe. :thumbs:

Nice work buddy, and great pics to show how you "got'er dun" :WRS:

wh1257

dad was a nice work

wh1257

your get redy for the snow

:notworthy::thumbs::WRS: :)

GlenPettit

Duke:

When you get a really bad storm down there, you'll beat the country plows in making a path to work, but will you need a license plate now (or a pilots license)?

Gerry w

Really nice machine, your going to have a blast this winter in that, compared to your pic of last year! WOW! Excellent work, beyond compare! :notworthy:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys! :notworthy: Today I took advatage of the good weather and painted up the rest of the fan impeller, and All the other parts I could get at! :thumbs:

x074.jpg

x075.jpg

x076.jpg

x077.jpg

x078.jpg

wh1257

dads a good paint job

W9JAB

:thumbs: Duke, been watching this thread on putting heat into you cab, I had a Model A Ford with a manifold heater, I'm posting some pictures to give you or others some ideas. :notworthy:

3m13o53le5Q65S85R09bb23a07fc6410f19.jpg

3n53k23pe5Pc5R75Sd9bb8010436f3cdf11.jpg

Curmudgeon

Remote Starter! :notworthy: I don't need one of those! I got MJ, She Will go out in the garage, fill it up, ck the oil, start it. and pull it out of the garage and up to the front steps. Shovel a path to it for me and have my coffee poured and ready! :thumbs:

Why pbradley68? Doesn't or Would't yer wife do that 4 you? :WRS:

Duke, you have to remember, MJ is just as, or more, exceptional than your snow machine...

The average wife can't compete!

HorseFixer

Duke, you have to remember, MJ is just as, or more, exceptional than your snow machine...

The average wife can't compete!

You got that right brother! :) The Dukes a Lucky man! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Okay I recieved my LED Lights tonight straight from our CHIAWANEEESE friends across the big pond. I have to say that I am less than happy! <_< If you think that you are going to get the same amount of light out of a H-3 LED light as you will a Halogen H-3 Bulb you are mistaken! The best 1156 bulb are the 36 bulb 1156 Flat Panel Bulbs. They are by far the brightest bulbs and even brighter than the H-3 LED Bulbs! Here are a comparison of 1156 Silverstar Bulbs and 1156 Flat Panel Bulbs installed in the stock tractor lights. They are way Brighter. :notworthy:

LEDLIGHTS1056.jpg

I Used a A.W. Sperry Lux meter that measures footcandle and gives a good comparison of which light is brighter. As you can see by the results below the Stock H-3 Halogen Bulbs that came in the fog lights gave a reading of 428 candle power and the LED H-3 gave a reading of 26 candle power the Halogen H-3's are 16 X Times Brighter!

x089.jpg

HALOGENH3LEDLIGHTSFootcandle.jpg

Here are a comparison of actual lights on the tractor stock halogen H-3 And the LED H-3 even tho this picture doesnt show it the video below will.

HALOGENH3LEDLIGHTS.jpg

Check out these video comparisons on the lights! Looking Out The Cab Look out in the driveway ahead of the chute.

HALOGEN H-3 LIGHTS

LED H-3 LIGHTS

Now the 1156 36 Light LED Lights gave a reading of 116 candlepower compared to the stock Halogen H-3 bulbs the Stock halogens are 3.68 times brighter but these flat panel light are the brightest out of all the LED Lights I have tested! Here are what these bulbs look like. You can also go to page 2 of this thread and get an Idea of what all the bulbs look like. The only ones that are worth a darn in the LED's are the H-3 and the 36 bulb flat panel, and the flat panel are over 5 times brighter than the H-3 LED's.

x086.jpg

LED36FLAT.jpg

H3Bulbs.jpg

Curmudgeon

Duke, is there any meter you don't have????

Infrared thermometers, light meters that measure candle power..

I have a dang mulitmeter! Period!