Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

another 1955 rj 35

DanPatch

And yet another 1955 RJ 35 showed up on Ebay today. :scratchead:

VinsRJ

This is the guy who sold Fireman his RJ35 unit. :scratchead:

stevebo

I saw this one in person and made an offer to the po of this tractor. He started it out on cl at 2000 ... !! Then it dropped to 1600. It needs a full restore and the lr hub is shot. The nice part is that it has a nice cable steer.

VinsRJ

I saw this one in person and made an offer to the po of this tractor. He started it out on cl at 2000 ... !! Then it dropped to 1600. It needs a full restore and the lr hub is shot. The nice part is that it has a nice cable steer.

He called me last night about this unit.

stevebo

I would say he has about $450-$600 into it. What did he say you could buy it for? I was speaking with an older guy who really knows these 55's and he said the last one went for $2800 on ebay (cable steer). I spoke with him about this machine in length and he does not think the cables are original. They are crimped from waht I remember when I saw it and they should have threaded ends. If you can get it for under 1000 then it may be worth it ...

DanPatch

I was looking at this rj 35 on ebay and noticed something. :scratchead: The stop on the speed/reverse lever I was told that the stop makes it a '56 yet the cable steering and the suport post holding up the tank makes it an early '55. I hope these early '55s are not being faked.

fireman

Steve andI both saw this close up. I didn't have a magnet with me but from what it looked and felt like, the steering wheel is cast aluminum which would make it one of the first 100 made. The steering cables are not the originals. The previous owner told me he replaced them. The guy selling it is the one who sold me mine. This guy is an oportunist and doesn't care one bit about Wheelhorse Tractors. He is all about making money. He buys things he knows are in demand and then trys to sell them at an inflated price. He saw how much I paid for my 55 and figured he could get more for another one. After I bought mine, he posted adds on craigslist looking specifically for 55-57 Wheelhorse tractors. He is also doing the same with Rupp minibikes. He has a old Blackwidow that he restored and wants almost $3000 for it. All I got to say is be careful :scratchead: .

VinsRJ

1) I would say he has about $450-$600 into it.

2) the last one went for $2800 on ebay (cable steer).

On point #1) Thats what it worth IMO. It needs everything.

On point #2) He gave me the hard sell on that ebay tractor on the phone and how his is even better. I told him $2800 for a rusted out tractor of any make was a fluke and to not guage his profit margin on that transaction.

He said I could have it for $1600, obviously I passed.

Fireman is correct in his description of the guy. It was on principle that I did not counter the bid Fireman made (I did not even know it was Fireman at the time). The guy and I had a deal and I was on my way to pick it up.

BTW during my phone conversation with him, I told him if you want more than a $1000 put in on ebay and see where it goes. Within two hours.... guess what :scratchead:

chamjack

Looks like he got it. Someone pulled the trigger and gave him $1,113.88 for it :scratchead:

fireman

Whoever bought it had to be a hardcore Wheel Horse fanatic :scratchead: !!! Was it anyone here ?

VinsRJ

I was watching it just to see were it would go. He didn't get the $1600 but I think he did darn good. He's locted in CT so whoever bought it, is with in reasonable striking distance to pick it up.

fireman

Well it wasn't me or Stevebo!

WHC-125

And it wasnt me :scratchead:

VinsRJ

You two guys have enough of them :scratchead:

TT

Did someone else own this after Jeff Coffman?

I see he has a video of it on YouTube.

WHC-125

Did someone else own this after Jeff Coffman?

I see he has a video of it on YouTube.

TT, thats not his just one that was at a show.

stevebo

TT,

Jeff took this video at a vintage machinery show in Kent CT about a month ago. This is where Fireman and I first saw this in person. Jeff likes to take video of these older ponds. He never owned it however did know the guy who just sold it.

TT

Got it..... I thought it was his - until I read the entire description in his video. :scratchead: