Sign in to follow this  
Horse Fanatic

Getting ready for snow!

Horse Fanatic

Getting a couple of my workers outfitted for winter. The Workhorse has the snowblower going on and I'm using the snow cab I bought a couple years ago for the first time. The 312 has the plow blade and will be getting weighted ag tires for traction. Let it snow!

snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

wallfish

That should get'r done! I think I want a cab now.

I see both of your tractors are missing the headlight retainers/bezels. They are less than $9 for the pair at Partstree. Pull up your model drawings list and they should be in electrical system #3. I see these sell for stupid money on ebay once in a while.

Sparky

Nice pair :scratchead: ! I'm like you in that I have a plow tractor and a blower tractor set up all winter so whatever mother nature decides to spit out I'm ready.

Mike.........

HorseFixer

Nice looking machines! :scratchead: I am in the midst of getting some equipment together myself :hide:

Horse Fanatic

John,

Would you believe I paid $50 for that snow cab? It's in excellent condition too. These are my "beater" tractors and I wasn't concerned about the light bezels, in fact if these machines had good ones, they were used on something else.

wallfish

Nice score on the cab! I'm thinking a bigger coat, if I can't find one for a decent price.

Suburban 550

Looks like you're ready for the big one. :hide: Good lookin' machines. :scratchead:

KyBlue

Lookin Sharp, your ready to do battle it looks like!

stevasaurus

You are soooo ready...I'd bet you don't get any snow this year. :scratchead:

bork

do the cabs fog up inside?

engine2quarters

Wallfish....hunt you up a set of unsed but not abused firefighter's gear, coat and bunkers. Maybe even the shortie boots. I got them and ride outdoors (no cab) with a WH 211 pushing snow. If you get a ski mask and stocking cap, with warm gloves, you can ride and push all day long.

Sparky

do the cabs fog up inside?

I used a cab on my 416 with a snowblower last year and it never once fogged up. If you were to start sweating it might but you dont get to sweaty just sitting in the cab steering and all.

Mike.........

Confused99

Wallfish....hunt you up a set of unsed but not abused firefighter's gear, coat and bunkers. Maybe even the shortie boots. I got them and ride outdoors (no cab) with a WH 211 pushing snow. If you get a ski mask and stocking cap, with warm gloves, you can ride and push all day long.

My FF gear isn't too warm.........when it gets wet and freezes solid :scratchead:

Craig Arndt

I paid $50 for my snow cab as well last year. That cab was the best on those windy nights when I didn't really want to be out there. Mine cab never fogged up and actually on milder days, was very comfortable to the point I didn't need gloves. You can actually route the warm engine air from the blower into the cab for heat. I'll probably put my cab on next month around Thanksgiving. I put mine on early last year and actually had to cut the grass one last time with it on- yes, I looked ridiculous. :scratchead:

KyBlue

Craig...the Phrase bubble Boy comes to mind... :scratchead:

bk-scouter

Good looking snow crew you have there. I'd say you are all set this season. :hide:

One thing does bother me in your picture though... Why do you have parts sitting on the hood of that good looking '69 Olds ???? :ychain: And if my eyes don't deceive me, it's a rare W30 or W31 from the factory induction scoop under the front bumper that I see ????? :ychain::scratchead: Must treat her better than that... :ychain:

-BK

Horse Fanatic

bk, you're very observant, it is a W31. But don't worry, the pulley and belts are on a piece of foam which is on the hood.

Craig Arndt

Craig...the Phrase bubble Boy comes to mind... :ychain:

:scratchead::hide: Yes. And I pulled that off in a development. Most of you guys who can't see your neighbors wouldn't try that... :ychain: