sqrlgtr 3,900 #1 Posted 7 hours ago I thought I had seen on here where someone had cut a set of wheels with an angle grinder to widen them but cannot find it now. Also There use to be a video of widening wheels also but its no longer there, thought someone may have video saved and could share. Has anyone tried this before and what kind of luck did you have? Wanting to widen a set for some 26x12x12 tires. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,680 #2 Posted 7 hours ago @kpinnc or @19richie66 ? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,680 #3 Posted 7 hours ago @kpinnc or @19richie66 ? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kpinnc 18,949 #4 Posted 7 hours ago I've done this before just to see if I could- but will just spend the money next time on a wide set of wheels. It is alot of work. But yes I used a side grinder with cutoff wheels and a narrow strip of steel to align both sides when finished. I also used the tractor itself to both mark and cut the wheels. Just jacked up the rear and let the wheel spin in low range and don't try to cut much. Just let the grinder do what it does. The good thing was because of where my cuts were, the leftover parts make up some nice 6 inch wide spares. 3 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,680 #5 Posted 1 hour ago 6 hours ago, sqrlgtr said: wheels You may very well be money and time ahead of yourself to find a pair of wheel blanks like pullers use and weld in the centers to the correct backspacing. ....? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JoeM 10,257 #6 Posted 1 hour ago There always seems to be wide wheels at the big show. I know Miller Tire sells them on line. I'm with KPinNC, lots of time involved not to mention you need two sets of wheels. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites