Jim Turner 47 #1 Posted 13 hours ago I was thinking about buying this C-120 and was concerned about the oil under the engine and the way the engine sounds like it is "missing" I know many of you have a lot more experience with these than I do so wanted to know if you think it is a good buy. https://www.facebook.com/share/1HaWt8zWG9/ Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
oliver2-44 11,739 #2 Posted 11 hours ago I've repaired 2 of those steering wheels cracked just like that with JB Weld. One recently, and one over 5 years ago still holding strong. The oil leak could be an oil pan gasket or the seal under the flywheel. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,022 #3 Posted 4 hours ago The oil residue looks old & dry. Perhaps it is not a major issue? Is the muffler baffle burnt out causing that spitting noise? Another scenario is a worn or carboned up exhaust valve that is not sealing. Since it has been used to plow - DO check the condition of the "F" plate where the Unidrive bolts on for stress cracks - I've fixed a few. That steering wheel - do not trust it! They all seem to crack and separate from the hex hub inside. Best to figure on replacing it... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Retired Wrencher 6,985 #4 Posted 1 hour ago 11 hours ago, Jim Turner said: I was thinking about buying this C-120 and was concerned about the oil under the engine and the way the engine sounds like it is "missing" I know many of you have a lot more experience with these than I do so wanted to know if you think it is a good buy. https://www.facebook.com/share/1HaWt8zWG9/ Seems good to me.Smooth runner. I have the 100 model and it took me a while to get it running good. It was all in the points setting. I use .019 feller. This way you right in the middle. I could never get a solid .018. Probably from bad eyesight. She pops a little bit when she’s cold but once it warms up, it runs a nice and smooth. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,888 #5 Posted 53 minutes ago Ad isn't clear on the plow but if it is included, I would differently take a chance on it. I didn't hear any knocks are serious noises myself. I had a K341 16HP that had just a slight pop to it but lapped valves cured it, of course that was after I had already done my usual routine on new mochine, decarbed, adjusted points, replaced plug/wire, rebuilt carb, fuel pump, and replaced all of the fuel line/filter. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites