CRF857 1,069 #1 Posted yesterday at 11:21 PM I was gone all afternoon. Got home and headed for the shop. Much to my surprise there was a snowplow sitting in front of the small overhead door. While I was looking it over a neighbor lady came and gave me a description of the person and his truck who was here. Said she knew I wasn’t home but since he was dropping off she wasn’t too concerned. It was from a friend who felt he owed me something. Told me it was a payback. I just sold two with brackets. Now I have to scrounge some or fabricate some. 11 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 13,028 #2 Posted 15 hours ago Nice! And the moldboard does not look to be bent - as so many are... Another plus - looks like there is enough material on the cutting edge to flip it over... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
squonk 48,107 #3 Posted 13 hours ago I was promised a snow blade to be dropped off as the person didn't need it anymore. I got it for a guy at the Big Show. It was from the roadapples collection Well it's been about 3 years. Haven't seen it yet. 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,901 #4 Posted 11 hours ago 12 hours ago, CRF857 said: Told me it was a payback. All my friends just hit me in arm or pull some stupid prank for a "payback". Maybe time 4 new friends. 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
peter lena 10,058 #5 Posted 11 hours ago @CRF857 those plow blade / frame set ups are a GOLD MINE , FOR FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT , SWING QUADRANT IS HOME BASE , DID THIS YEARS AGO , shoulder bolts at swing areas , washers , elastic Lok nut , lets you DIAL IN , LUBRICATED LUBRICATED MOVEMENT , built this up on jack stands , roller stool , improved , every stage as I went , also graphite sprayed blade face , for easy snow slide off , blade swing is smooth . easy . solid , like a rifle bolt , DO THIS pete 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Brockport Bill 2,478 #6 Posted 8 hours ago i have rehabbed a number of blades - - grinder disc and wire brush etc -- not had to go the sand blast option -- then some primer and final paint coats --- often the wear edge blade is good enough to just flip but have had to buy a few new ones -- One rehab i did the prior owner had let the wear blade wear so much the carriage bold holes were gone so i had fabricator to and extension for bottom of plow blade then new holes and new wear edge blade install. i have not rehabbed any frames ---- usually not necessaary 1 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
CRF857 1,069 #7 Posted 3 hours ago Pleasant surprise. Initially I shoved this plow inside and to the side. Today I moved a couple garden tractors out of the way, and put the snow blade next to the other to blades. It was then I realized that this is a 48” blade instead of 42” like the other two.👍😃😍 2 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
stevasaurus 23,854 #8 Posted 2 hours ago See...size does matter!! 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
squonk 48,107 #9 Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, stevasaurus said: See...size does matter!! My Grandfather used to buy Gallo Wine in gallons! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites