1973Auto 84 #1 Posted October 5 Hello all. I have a kohler 18hp courage that just started running like crap. Just use the tractor for mowing my tree stand paths. The 2 second video has it sputtering when driving, but when I put the break on it runs fine. I sprayed carb cleaner in it and didnt do anything. Could be a bad spark plug? Thanks! 18ck.mp4 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,113 #2 Posted October 5 Two second vid don't do much for me. Maybe starving for fuel??? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
gwest_ca-(File Mod) 12,488 #3 Posted Monday at 06:50 AM Service manual Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wild Bill 633 941 #4 Posted Monday at 11:08 AM (edited) A common saying is, "It takes courage to run a Kohler Courage." Edited Monday at 11:09 AM by Wild Bill 633 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
1973Auto 84 #5 Posted Monday at 11:15 AM 2 second vid is all I could upload. I only use this tractor for mowing paths, I know its a junk engine. Its actually the second on This tractor. The original was 20hp. Just trying to get it going so I can use it to drag deer out of my woods. It was running fine now, spits, sputter, backfire, while driving, at ideal its fine. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,283 #6 Posted Monday at 12:45 PM Have you changed the spark plug? ? ? Could be some debris around the flywheel that gets caught in the air gap between the magneto and flywheel, pull the tins and take a look. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
1973Auto 84 #7 Posted 1 hour ago New plug and fuel filter. It runs like crap aftef it gets warmed up. Spits shutters backfires then stalls out Share this post Link to post Share on other sites