Jump to content
1973Auto

18 hp Courage sputtering

Recommended Posts

1973Auto

Hello all. I have a kohler 18hp courage that just started running like crap.  Just use the tractor for mowing my tree stand paths. The 2 second video has it sputtering when driving, but when I put the break on it runs fine. I sprayed carb cleaner in it and didnt do anything. Could be a bad spark plug? Thanks!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??

Two second vid don't do much for me. Maybe starving for fuel??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
gwest_ca

Service manual

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Wild Bill 633

A common saying is, "It takes courage to run a Kohler Courage."

Edited by Wild Bill 633

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1973Auto

2 second vid is all I could upload.  I only use this tractor for mowing paths, I know its a junk engine.  Its actually the second on This tractor.  The original was 20hp. Just trying to get it going so I can use it to drag deer out of my woods. It was running fine now, spits, sputter, backfire, while driving, at ideal its fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut

Have you changed the spark plug? ?  ?     

:confusion-shrug:    Could be some debris around the flywheel that gets caught in the air gap between the magneto and flywheel, pull the tins and take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...