Jump to content
slk

Seat on C120

Recommended Posts

slk

Is it just me or is the seat really close to the dash/steering wheel of the tractor. I feel so cramped in that small space. I have not looked all that close yet but I do not see where I could move it back about 6” or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine

Got pics?

 

I'm a "not small" person. My seats are all set back 2 inches from the OE stock furthest rear point. 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
slk

I will get some pics tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Handy Don
2 hours ago, slk said:

Is it just me or is the seat really close to the dash/steering wheel of the tractor. I feel so cramped in that small space. I have not looked all that close yet but I do not see where I could move it back about 6” or so. 

I have added seat slides to the two tractors I maintain that have users with both compact and elongated statures. The slides have 6” of travel that I positioned to 3 in each direction from stock. 
Do be careful not to position the operator’s weight too far to the rear--the stock position is pretty much directly over the rear axle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill
26 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Do be careful not to position the operator’s weight too far to the rear-

Agreed - no need to do a backflip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
slk

This is what the previous owner rigged up 

IMG_2792.jpeg

IMG_2790.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
2 hours ago, slk said:

This is what the previous owner rigged up 

 

Appears to be a congflagablabruation of two different systems. Maybe. 

 

Does you tractor have the flip back seat pan/fender or the flip forward seat?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
3 hours ago, slk said:

This is what the previous owner rigged up 

IMG_2792.jpeg

IMG_2790.jpeg

I had a similar set up on the B80 I had. You can elongate the slots where I circled to get the springs mounted farther back. They also make springs with slots built into them. I have seen them on E bay quite often.

 

slots.jpg.b271e15e298e920e2e65a8eac247e37b.jpg

 

M84077 John Deere Seat Spring Mounts Pair 108 111 111h 112L 116 116h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...