BPEisenhower 617 #1 Posted yesterday at 01:30 AM Hello Horse fans. We've all had a chance to get something cheap enough for no reason so, why not. And people say $50 don't buy much. However, it does buy a C120 sitting for 15 years. New battery and fuel line was all it took. Will get a bath and better pictures tomorrow! 5 12 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JERSEYHAWG / Glenn 4,590 #2 Posted yesterday at 01:32 AM Cant wait to it again. Your scored big time. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,628 #3 Posted yesterday at 01:44 AM Good catch! 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SylvanLakeWH 32,459 #4 Posted yesterday at 09:50 AM Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,982 #5 Posted yesterday at 10:20 AM Nice score... how's the Automatic? You bought a mule drive & got a free tractor & deck! 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
oliver2-44 11,734 #6 Posted yesterday at 10:34 AM Great find! Tires even look good. Is the paint all original? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
parsonsponyz 407 #7 Posted yesterday at 11:16 AM Nice score. Looks like really nice tractor Glad there's not a lot of deals like that around here or I would have to make the stables larger. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #8 Posted yesterday at 11:58 AM Early morning with the Hotsy. Big believer in Citri Blast and Cascade. I did get everything cleaned and I think it's a good candidate for a repaint. No dents or holes. Surface rust isn't bad but, I do like the wet look. LoL 🤣. Also, I did get the original rear tires with it and do hold air, no cracking. I can see myself adding more C series to the collection. Show more pictures later! Enjoy your morning Horse fans! 🌞 Apologies for the hazy photos but I had my washer set at 280°. Can't stand greasy build up! 1 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
peter lena 10,047 #9 Posted yesterday at 12:00 PM @BPEisenhower very often suggest , getting paint recovery started ASAP , like penetrating oil total spray down , let it sit for weeks , to penetrate and establish easier base , rub out , sun heat is best for absorption , but a darker shade is showing you the way , this is regular stuff for me , gently do it in stages , finish with a 6" electric palm buffer , cleaner wax , TRY A SMALL test area . pete Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #10 Posted yesterday at 01:37 PM 1 hour ago, peter lena said: @BPEisenhower very often suggest , getting paint recovery started ASAP , like penetrating oil total spray down , let it sit for weeks , to penetrate and establish easier base , rub out , sun heat is best for absorption , but a darker shade is showing you the way , this is regular stuff for me , gently do it in stages , finish with a 6" electric palm buffer , cleaner wax , TRY A SMALL test area . pete I often wondered if a lubricant of some type would help. Considering that everything that was caked in grease was preserved underneath. However, someone did rattle can the right fender 🤬. Definitely going to change motor oil and figure out what type of ATF is best in rear end. Also, need to locate the engine screen. Magnum plastic don't look correct and, it has the original muffler turned out.... I'm picky but it must be correct since it's there! LMAO 🤣. Thank you for the advice, I'm grabbing a gallon of WD and spray bottles 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
8ntruck 9,283 #11 Posted yesterday at 05:49 PM If the muffler is original, it is not mounted properly. The stock muffler mounts roughly vertically in front of the engine with the exhaust exiting the left side. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,860 #12 Posted yesterday at 09:22 PM 7 hours ago, BPEisenhower said: Also, need to locate the engine screen. Magnum plastic don't look correct I agree and may have an extra screen ( will have to check) yours for $5 dollars plus shipping if you promise to fix muffler. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #13 Posted 23 hours ago 2 hours ago, sqrlgtr said: I agree and may have an extra screen ( will have to check) yours for $5 dollars plus shipping if you promise to fix muffler. I would gladly pay for a correct screen 😜. The muffler is driving me nuts seeing it upside down. Definitely getting put in it's correct configuration 😁. Had to get other work done before I could do much more with it but, since the girlfriend is visiting new grand baby, I got plans for the evening! 🤣. Steam cleaning definitely has improved its image! Can't believe how hot water and soap can change appearance Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #14 Posted 22 hours ago 3 hours ago, sqrlgtr said: I agree and may have an extra screen ( will have to check) yours for $5 dollars plus shipping if you promise to fix muffler. So, do I get extra credit for finishing early? LMAO 🤣. Had the service truck so I used the torch to heat nuts, pipe expander to save downpipe and muffler..... 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Retired Wrencher 6,979 #15 Posted 13 hours ago You definitely hit the jackpot pot with this one. I guess good deals can still be had. Enjoy it. Take good care of it. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JoeM 10,251 #16 Posted 11 hours ago 15 hours ago, BPEisenhower said: The muffler is driving me nuts Wire brush and some heat paint and turns it into a going to town rig! that muffler is worth 50 clams itself 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #17 Posted 9 hours ago 3 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said: You definitely hit the jackpot pot with this one. I guess good deals can still be had. Enjoy it. Take good care of it. Thank you so much! It's something that all the Horses I find have been abused and parked to be replaced with a big box store plastic fantastic. Sold quite a few to other collectors and want them back. LoL. I believe the C series is addictive 🤣 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #18 Posted 9 hours ago 1 hour ago, JoeM said: Wire brush and some heat paint and turns it into a going to town rig! that muffler is worth 50 clams itself Already had two people ask if it was for sale...NO! They were surprised to see points and a coil....not to mention a carburetor. Then want to compare it to a Craftsman 😮. The expression on their face when I pointed out the bolt on wheels as apposed to the lock ring and woodruff keys on theirs... 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,628 #19 Posted 7 hours ago 2 hours ago, BPEisenhower said: . I believe the C series is addictive Can confirm. I have quite a few. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
adsm08 5,130 #20 Posted 6 hours ago Good grief. I am actively not looking for another tractor, and I don't much care for the looks of the 70s units. If I ran across that for $50 I'd be trying to figure out if I could drive it home. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #21 Posted 6 hours ago (edited) 1 hour ago, ebinmaine said: Can confirm. I have quite a few. I did put the original rear tires back on and ran a rag of WD40 across it and now I want a set of ag tires. LoL. Going to look into adding hydraulic lift since it's doing so well! Might even go for sending off the motion lever and PTO lever in for chrome. 😁. Got a few pics and a cold start, no choke. VID_20261004_125013.mp4 Edited 5 hours ago by BPEisenhower 1 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,860 #22 Posted 3 hours ago (edited) 19 hours ago, BPEisenhower said: So, do I get extra credit for finishing early? LMAO 🤣. Had the service truck so I used the torch to heat nuts, pipe expander to save downpipe and muffler..... I cannot find the screen I was thinking about but if I run across it in next day or two will let you know.. Great job on muffler relocation. Edited 3 hours ago by sqrlgtr Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #23 Posted 53 minutes ago 2 hours ago, sqrlgtr said: I cannot find the screen I was thinking about but if I run across it in next day or two will let you know.. Great job on muffler relocation. Not a problem! Thank you for the motivation 🤣. I've got a few things done and I can't be happier! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BPEisenhower 617 #24 Posted 46 minutes ago And to add more icing to an already delicious cake, I seen the deck from my C195 looking lonely since thrower is on so.... Why not? I like bigger deck, tractor looks beefy or better😁. Plus, I found a NOS mule drive to top off the whipped cream and sprinkles. The girlfriend asked what I did all weekend after I clocked out yesterday at 1 and pointed at the Horse. I got a cold stare of unimpressed. However, I did get a purple LED lit tree for Halloween set up in the living room and lights on the wall. I'm safe, for the next few days 😜. Have a great evening everyone!! I'll keep you all posted 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites