Jump to content
WHX??

Belt Woes

Recommended Posts

WHX??

Still working on the neighbor's Ariens GT-20. Deck is run off the front PTO via 2 v belts to a jack shaft that runs through the front axle to a drive shaft that spins the deck. 

IPL call for two 4L-34s. Found this place https://www.gprindustrial.com/en/ that offers the belt with the Ariens part number for a really good price.

Hind sight now I shoulda just went to TSC but right to my door for two? 

So the order arrives and of course they sent 5L-34s.

So after many unanswered emails & phone calls I finally get a response. 

They are trying to tell me these are the correct belts. 

Screenshot 2026-09-21 183929.png

Screenshot 2026-09-21 185517.png

20260921_191854.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??

So I sent them these pics pretty much says it all right? Quite clear the pullies are for 4L belts right? 

Be interesting to see what their response will be. 

20261002_085524.jpg

20261002_085605.jpg

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk

Buy local when possible. Usually worth it most of the time when you add in shipping and aggravation. Yup Napa crosses to a 4l340.

 

Their info is only as good as the person who entered it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill
16 minutes ago, squonk said:

Their info is only as good as the person who entered it

Ain't that the truth. Only as good as the person who cares to enter it... And a dyslexic parts counter person is in the wrong profession!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Buy local when possible.

Would absolutely love to but when the nearest place is 40 miles away and the price of diesel???   

I guess belts are not the thing to buy online no matter how good a deal. Worse part is I kinda knew this. :angry-banghead:

Edited by WHX??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
peter lena

@WHX??  often suggest , feeling  /  sensing  how easily , every related pulley , spindle  moves ?  THATS WHAT EATS BELTS ALIVE !  rough , not smooth silent  , is showing you the way !  incremental , (  tiny pulley  stoppage ,  from , LUBRICATION FAILURE , IS THE CAUSE OF THAT  ! might be a good tine to enhance , function , pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
21 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Would absolutely love to but when the nearest place is 40 miles away and the price of diesel???   

I guess belts are not the thing to buy online no matter how good a deal. Worse part is I kinda knew this. :angry-banghead:

Napa and TSC are 40 miles away? You live on top of a volcano or sonethin? :teasing-poke:

 

If you knew the IPL said 4L34, why not just order those and not give the guys at the belt place the OE #  with the chance to screw it up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
adsm08
16 minutes ago, squonk said:

Napa and TSC are 40 miles away

 

I looked them up. That's a round trip distance.

 

The closest Napa I found was in Ripton, roughly 20 miles from Princeton.  The nearest TSC is in Berlin, about 17 miles away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JoeM

Gzzzzz uncle Jim, everyone has a couple 4L340 belts laying around. :D

Now you got to get something that uses 5L340 belts!

 

I have been getting my belts from Amazon. A little more but returns are easy.

 

My TSC store belt selection stinks, have to call ahead and tell them go look please cause lots of time there is stock showing but no stock. I have noticed they stopped carrying the longer ones.

RK has a nice belt assortment but it too is 30 miles one way. 

 

I am sure with your calculated attitude the "Air in thems"  with purr like a Rolex someday.

Or maybe like a rolodex? :ychain: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...