Jump to content
cafoose

520-HC Vanguard swap

Recommended Posts

cafoose

Got the 520-HC vanguard swap just about completed. Still not charging. I have a new stator coming today. Old one was only putting out 4.5 VAC. Here's the build thread:

 

 

 

I used a Jeep muffler from amazon for the stack.

 

image.png.ac2e173053a69857a5c4c362ceba115f.png

 

20261002_113027.jpg

20261002_113108.jpg

20261002_113210.jpg

20261002_113230.jpg

20261002_113243.jpg

20261002_113305.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill

Nice! Do consider adding a lower support from the engine to the underside of the elbow area of the exhaust going to that Jeep muffler. One reason is the vibrating weight, the other is snagging any overhead obstructions....

Here is what I did on my 854 when I went to a stack glasspack exhaust.

 

P1010183.JPG

P1010184.JPG

P1010185.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr

@cafoose glad ya got it going. Hope the new stator works for ya.Thinking about coming over next week sometime but will let ya know ahead of time before I do though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cafoose
25 minutes ago, sqrlgtr said:

@cafoose glad ya got it going. Hope the new stator works for ya.Thinking about coming over next week sometime but will let ya know ahead of time before I do though.

Lemme know ahead of time I'm retired ya know and not always at home :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
kpinnc
13 hours ago, cafoose said:

Got the 520-HC vanguard swap just about completed.

 

I love my Vanguards. Yours looks like it belongs on that HC. Well done!

 

Might just be the video, but your valves sound like they need adjustment. Pretty common thing with Vanguards. They have to be adjusted as regular maintenance. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JoeM

I did one ten years ago and it worked great and made tons of power.

image.png.26fdcd7773c4f40f3d80ac4654e887d2.png

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cafoose
9 hours ago, kpinnc said:

 

 

Might just be the video, but your valves sound like they need adjustment. Pretty common thing with Vanguards. They have to be adjusted as regular maintenance. 

Thanks, I'm going to check that. From Grok AI:

image.png.7063413abeddc386baed85243e1ba464.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
kpinnc
10 minutes ago, cafoose said:

From Grok AI

 

My wife said I was just like artificial intelligence. :rolleyes:

 

...after some reflection, I feel sure she emphasized the "artificial" part. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cafoose

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...