Racinbob 13,131 #1 Posted 8 hours ago I'm looking for a dozer blade for our daughters 72 Commando 800. It's a medium frame (43.5") machine. Will a short frame plow frame work using the older style axle bracket which places the frame forward a bit or do I go with a later frame set for the long tractors? Any issues with the lift? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,970 #2 Posted 5 hours ago Not sure on either - but you need the angled blade to clear the front tire... then there is the lift hookup piont & the angling lever placement. My Commando 800 parts tractor has 10" rear tires & rims.. it sits close to the ground. Will you be able to get enough lift on the blade? It did come with an adapted Craftsman blade that mounted to the front of the frame - sold that over 10 years ago. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
squonk 48,056 #3 Posted 5 hours ago Get a long frame plow with both mounting holes for the rod. I know I used that style frame on my short frame 857 with no issues. One of the attachment points should work. As far as the lift, use a chain or custom make a solid link 2 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Racinbob 13,131 #4 Posted 4 hours ago 50 minutes ago, ri702bill said: Not sure on either - but you need the angled blade to clear the front tire... then there is the lift hookup piont & the angling lever placement. My Commando 800 parts tractor has 10" rear tires & rims.. it sits close to the ground. Will you be able to get enough lift on the blade? It did come with an adapted Craftsman blade that mounted to the front of the frame - sold that over 10 years ago. I didn't think about that but it's not a concern on this one. It did have the 10" rears when I got it in the early 80's but since then it's been messing around in the barn with a B-80 and came out with 22x7.50-12's. 32 minutes ago, squonk said: Get a long frame plow with both mounting holes for the rod. I know I used that style frame on my short frame 857 with no issues. One of the attachment points should work. As far as the lift, use a chain or custom make a solid link I'm definitely leaning that way Mike. I have extra solid links made up already. I guess I'll just have to see if the link drops down OK with an in-between tractor. I wanted to hear the comments here before I bought something. @davem1111 I saw your posting. Anything? 2 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
davem1111 2,339 #5 Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, Racinbob said: I didn't think about that but it's not a concern on this one. It did have the 10" rears when I got it in the early 80's but since then it's been messing around in the barn with a B-80 and came out with 22x7.50-12's. I'm definitely leaning that way Mike. I have extra solid links made up already. I guess I'll just have to see if the link drops down OK with an in-between tractor. I wanted to hear the comments here before I bought something. @davem1111 I saw your posting. Anything? I have one front blade with the long frame that goes back to the bracket on the transaxle, but I don't plan on selling that until I sell my last tractor. I did have 2 but I sold the other one to @Alrashid2 about 2 years ago. I do think I have an extra axle bracket, will look for it if you're interested. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
stevasaurus 23,835 #6 Posted 2 hours ago My B-100 should be close to what you have. I have a long frame snow blade I use for it. It works great. It is heavy to pick up with the lift, but not too bad. A good fix would be to move the lift point closer toward the blade to make it lighter. Lift springs are also an option. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Racinbob 13,131 #7 Posted 1 hour ago 59 minutes ago, davem1111 said: I have one front blade with the long frame that goes back to the bracket on the transaxle, but I don't plan on selling that until I sell my last tractor. I did have 2 but I sold the other one to @Alrashid2 about 2 years ago. I do think I have an extra axle bracket, will look for it if you're interested. Thanks Dave. I have an extra bracket. If I don't find something sooner I'll keep you in mind. 59 minutes ago, stevasaurus said: My B-100 should be close to what you have. I have a long frame snow blade I use for it. It works great. It is heavy to pick up with the lift, but not too bad. A good fix would be to move the lift point closer toward the blade to make it lighter. Lift springs are also an option. If I'm correct your B-100 is a 74 or 75 and those years the B's were also a mid frame. Perfect. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites