Jump to content
davem1111

WH people in or near Indiana - offloading a large part of my collection

Recommended Posts

davem1111

This thread is mostly to see if there is any interest in working a deal by anyone within driving distance to me (however far they are willing to drive...).  I hope it is okay to post this here.  I will put specific ads in the For Sale Classifieds, but I don't have specifics or pictures yet.
 

My wife and I are serious about moving next year, hopefully early in the year, and I need to do some serious downsizing.  I'm going to sell my 416-H (which at the moment is having some running problems that I have yet to solve),  as well as a 520-H project tractor with swept front end, custom motion pedal, and a Kohler Series II KT17 engine that I believe was recently rebuilt before I acquired it (PO had died...).  Several Decks, a 400/500 series frame with hydro rear which I had belt-tested a while back and think is in decent shape, hydraulic lift cylinder, some fender and hood tins, wheels, tires, steering wheel, and a bunch of misc. smaller parts.  

 

I'm hoping someone who is within driving distance will buy the whole lot and come haul it off - I will make a very enticing deal on the lot.  There are quite a few items that I will give away for free under the right circumstances. I don't care that much about the money, since having this stuff hang around is going to make it difficult to prep the property for sale between now and next spring. Anything I still have at some point will be going out by the road and/or to scrap.

 

I will try to get things organized and take some pictures soon.  

 

Anyone interested, send me a PM.  Some small things I can sell separately and ship (or donate and ship for free), large stuff I may sell separately but I don't want to hurt my chances at selling the whole lot either.  I am about 8 miles off I-69, west of Bloomington IN.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bill D

The 416H has become a favorite of mine.  I wish I was closer.  I'd either help you fix it or take it off your hands.

 

Where are you planning to move to and why, if you don't mind sharing?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
9 minutes ago, Bill D said:

Where are you planning to move

:confusion-confused:                  I think I have an idea where.           :hide:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr

looks like I'm about 6/6.5 hrs out, might be road trip time:auto-layrubber:. sending a PM.

  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cafoose
1 hour ago, sqrlgtr said:

looks like I'm about 6/6.5 hrs out, might be road trip time:auto-layrubber:. sending a PM.

Bring me back some goodies :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bar Nuthin

I'm just a few hours North. Not a bad drive. We visit our twin granddaughters at IU on occasion. I look forward to seeing more details.

Edited by Bar Nuthin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
davem1111
5 hours ago, Bill D said:

The 416H has become a favorite of mine.  I wish I was closer.  I'd either help you fix it or take it off your hands.

 

Where are you planning to move to and why, if you don't mind sharing?

 

5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:                  I think I have an idea where.           :hide:

 

Yep, Richard has an idea, because I asked him some questions about Franklin NC.  In general we're looking at the Smoky Mountains area, something with a quaint small downtown in walkable or quick drive distance. We're tired of being isolated out here. So, Franklin is pretty high on the list, possibly #1. We're actually watching the home listings on Zillow pretty closely and have seen at least one we'd buy right now if we had a buyer for our place. But next spring is the target. 

 

Yeah Bill D, I would be happy if I could get that 416-H into your hands - you helped me out with some parts a while back. I'll be repainting that one hood pretty soon. :D 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
davem1111

Okay, here we go. There's probably more small stuff lurking about in the garage... oh, one thing I just remembered is a 416 steering wheel, that had the shaft split (cut in half) and re-joined using a steel sleeve.  I'll get that picture soon.

 

First, the 2 tractors.  These are pretty much the main things I'd like to get some money for, but I'm not looking for top dollar, far from it.

 

1992 416-H, the one that I've been having trouble keeping running longer than 10-15 minutes. This has been a serious mowing worker, and I haven't done much to it since I bought it 4-5 years ago other than change the oil, filters, etc. Seat is in pretty good shape.  48" SD deck may or may not be included.... or I may include the one that needs the baffle re-welded.  I'm keeping 2 out of 4 tractors so I'll probably want to keep 2 decks.  The deck that really belongs with my 312-A is the 42" SD that needs a lot of work that I haven't found time to do (more on that later).

 

IMG_0288(1).jpg.cad530e9db03eac0a7a8ad1676a14014.jpgIMG_0289(1).jpg.9d37d8a686a527cad8a998732d319370.jpg

 

 

The "Project" tractor I mentioned, which is a 520-H with a Kohler KT17 Series II and a custom motion pedal. It has the swept front axle. Seat has 2 small spots that have been repaired. There is a brand new wiring harness in there but not much is wired. I had been hot-wiring the starter with a wire from the solenoid to start it. It hasn't been run since last fall and I tried briefly to get it going today, but it wouldn't start. Probably need to pull the carb and clean it.  There is a new set of 12.5" rear tires included, all the tins, hardware for the Tach-a-Matic, a mule and PTO bell. I think all the parts are available for the PTO engagement lever, etc.   This was fun to drive around when I had it running, and it sounds great.  Again, I'm pretty sure this engine was a fresh rebuild but can't guarantee that. I think I may have some more new decals for the side towers and other things.  I'm the most sad to let this go - I had big plans for it but reality has set in.

 

IMG_0294(1).jpg.d168009805dd78333dcb0161eb0540d8.jpgIMG_0292.jpg.916057b7a2ae4f07ebba9f514504c08c.jpg

 

IMG_0293(1).jpg.a687f568e896e409aa69464af56c4958.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg.db887968db57bfb33f369af3fe89c756.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg.47ba8493e600e439b703d44b1fad2dc0.jpg

 

I'm going to save the rest of the stuff for another post after this. 

 

Ideally, I'd like to see someone buy both tractors AND take all the other stuff I'm looking to be rid of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
davem1111

A 520-H hood that doesn't have any dents but needs cleanup/repaint, plus 2 fender tins.

IMG_0285.jpg.7ba513a5bcd46929a13331c5c7a000e3.jpgIMG_0284(1).jpg.1a3fa3fd79c4a786ef271a418f9941ed.jpg

 

 

416-H Frame with working hydro (Eaton 1100) rear and hoses. I thought it had a lift cylinder but apparently not.  (I have 2 hydraulic controllers in the miscellaneous stuff to follow).

 

IMG_0286(1).jpg.5cc11dfa736c0d9e7399ca1e514ecdce.jpgIMG_0287(1).jpg.e10dad5a50a43bdae9fdab188ffe1176.jpg

 

 

48" SD deck that needs the baffle re-shaped and welded.  This was a great working deck before the baffle "incident". It has had numerous heavy-duty patches over time. Spindles and belt all good. Can't remember if I have the belt covers.

 

IMG_0290.jpg.c3be318e5d04848cbebae3b31fb5ada7.jpgIMG_0291.jpg.492a7552a9e82be9f11f3e4e0f314561.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
davem1111

Lots of miscellaneous stuff. Will add more descriptions later, or if you see something specific you're curious about, just ask.   Just to reiterate, if someone buys both tractors, you get ALL this stuff with them for no extra charge - EXCEPT maybe the 42" SD deck and 3 spindles directly in front of it. I may still decide to rebuild that deck for my 312-A.   The tins indicated belong to the 520-H, regardless of what else happens, as well as one of the mules and PTO bells/mounting hardware.
 

 

IMG_0299(1).jpg.8dcb583a75342a2942cf8513ec2461ea.jpgIMG_0300(1).jpg.5ca7d5910233121d8266443a2e7d4402.jpgIMG_0301.jpg.35277dc43108dfe0925dd6127baf8986.jpgIMG_0302.jpg.4f215eee79b925354b403e560b59fd89.jpg

 

This box has a KT-17 block, 2 cranks, a pair of new pistons, and a bunch of other Kohler gaskets and stuff in it. 

 

IMG_0303.jpg.a349b59b888a09e6e43060440f42854e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...