Sign in to follow this  
dunk50

Gator Blades for 42" RD deck

dunk50

I did a search on Gator blades and read threads. It's funny, if you read these threads they seem to just die without an answer. I have two decks. Both are 42" but one side and one rear discharge. I took the blades off to measure them. They are different lengths. As best I can tell the side discharge blades are 13 1/2 long and the rear discharge are 14 3/8 to 14 1/2. The rear are worn so it's hard to tell what they were originally. I would like to buy the gator blades for the REAR discharge. Does anyone have a part number from gator. Gator does list a 13 7/8 blade for a 42 inch deck. My problem is i think it's to long for the side discharge and to sort for the rear. Has anyone had this problem and came to a satisfactory conclusion Which blade for the rear??????

https://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?SK...42DK&catID=9500

C-Series14

Not knowing what deck Models these are for, I can't find the blade part numbers but here is a set for the side discharge and I believe they don't make a set for the rear discharge from what I have read over the years. I thought I saw where someone had found a set that worked but don't remember where...

3 for 42" side discharge

106636 - 106077 - 16636 original WH part numbers

Length - 13 27/32"

center hole - 3/4"

width and thickness - .250/.203

Part# 90643

Info from Jackssmallengines. Also there is www.oregonchain.com plus a hundred others!

porkchop

I just put a set of 42" side discharge blades on the later model rear discharge deck when I was done mowing the yard looked like a golf course they worked just fine.

dunk50

porkchop, The blades from the side discharge would fit fine but they would be near an inch shorter. That would be 1/2 on each end of 3 blades. The only ones of concern are where the side ones meet the center one. I would be concerned about leaving a 1" strip on each side of the center blade. :scratchead:

porkchop

I will measure the blades tomorrow and let you know but mine did not leave a strip.

mcwh1950

dunk 50 They are different lengths. As best I can tell the side discharge blades are 13 1/2 long and the rear discharge are 14 3/8 to 14 1/2. The rear are worn so it's hard to tell what they were originally. I would like to buy the gator blades for the REAR discharge

14 1/2 x 3 = 43 1/2 are you sure your deck is a 42 inch,

porkchop

I measured the blades I put on the rear discharge that came off the side discharge and they are about 13 7/8. You definetly want to make sure the blades don,t make contact with each other.

dunk50

dunk 50 They are different lengths. As best I can tell the side discharge blades are 13 1/2 long and the rear discharge are 14 3/8 to 14 1/2. The rear are worn so it's hard to tell what they were originally. I would like to buy the gator blades for the REAR discharge

14 1/2 x 3 = 43 1/2 are you sure your deck is a 42 inch,

Nope, I'm not sure at all. NOW I am wondering. I will have to do some measuring. I just got it and was told it was a 42' but will have to measure. Did they make a larger rear discharge. The tag looks original and old. deck model D5-42MR01 that says it 's a 42" Now I am confused!!! :scratchead:

mcwh1950

dunk50

MC thanks for the info. I'm trying to find those pages but no luck so far. I will keep working at it. Dunk