Sign in to follow this  
Polaris2007

Kohler Paint and Decal Questions

Polaris2007

Hi all. I originally posted this under the "engines" section, but got no responses, so I'll try it here. I hope I don't sound pushy.....that's not the case at all. I'm just really anxious to start painting my Kohler, and I want to consult with the gurus here at Red Square before I mess up. :scratchead:

I'm using Valspar Restoration Series IH Red to paint my C-120 as I restore it. I'm close to being ready to paint the engine. I'm wondering what paint to use? I imagine the Valspar paint I already have will be fine on the engine's sheet metal, but will it withstand enough heat to use it on the block and cooling fins? I'd like to paint all the cooling fins, even the ones right around the exhaust port. Will the Valspar Restoration Series work here? If not, what is a good choice that hopefully matches the color? And What primer do you recommend for the high heat? Does anyone know of a source to get some replacements/reproductions of the decals that are on the shroud and starter? The existing ones are readable, but pretty rough looking.

Thanks, Jon H.

Don1977

Look under "Wheel Horse -> Wheel Horse Links -> Jim's lawn & garden equipment Kohler and accessories" Down the page and on the right.