Sign in to follow this  
W9JAB

Any Wheel Horse engineer's

W9JAB

Every time I work on my tractor or one of the attachments I'm amazed at the simplicity of it. I would love to talk to some of the people who were responsible for the design of the Wheel Horse products. And would like to know more on how they prototyped and tested their stuff back then. I did see just a few weeks back someone who was a Toro engineer but has anyone stopped in from the original Wheel Horse group?

Rollerman

Actually since I'm near South Bend I've ran across a few people that claimed to be former employees.

Most of these through a friend whom works for General Sheet Metal that produced a ton of parts for Wheel Horse...actually most of the stamped parts.

They still do produce parts for Toro & many of the old timers there came from Wheel Horse when Toro picked up & moved the line up north.

One person my friend introduced me to to buy some Wheel Horse parts from is works at GSC & was a former engineer at Wheel Horse.

He told me he designed the 50" mid mount grader blade, 5 way adjustable snow blade "same as any other snowblade, but with 5 position instead of 3" :scratchead:

He's a good guy to talk to & obvious he had a lot of pride in the fact he worked for Wheel Horse.

joebob

they just never tried to reinvent the wheel, :scratchead: just to make it spin faster

Duff

they just never tried to reinvent the wheel, :scratchead: just to make it spin faster

....and last a whole lot longer! :ychain:

Duff :hide: