Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

MENTONE TRACTOR SHOW SWAP MEET PICTURES

HorseFixer

It was a fantastic day for a Tractor Show and Swap Meet the weather was perfect! MJ and I met (Gene ~ haasman35 & his lovely Wife), (Scott ~ whfan74), (JIM ~ JimM) Also (Steven ~ Rollerman) was there, and I also met (Mike ~ Teddy the Bear) (Joe Papke) was also there, and I bought a aftermarket belt gaurd for my RJ58 from him. We really enjoyed ourselfs It was a great show Ken, Richard, Gene and his wife and others did a great job on the show! Here are some pics. :ychain:

Mean Gene haasman35 on his :ychain: D Series gettin a full pull!

MENTONE001.jpg

Over on the right, setup in the corner is the haasman35 Stabin Cabin! :ychain: Now that I have seen the camping layout gene, next year MJ & I may have to do an all nighter! :hide:

MENTONE002.jpg

MENTONE003.jpg

MENTONE004.jpg

MENTONE005.jpg

MENTONE006.jpg

MENTONE007.jpg

MENTONE009.jpg

MENTONE010.jpg

HEY WAIT YOU FORGOT ME! :scratchead:

MENTONE011.jpg

MENTONE013.jpg

MENTONE014.jpg

MENTONE015.jpg

MENTONE016.jpg

MENTONE018.jpg

What's Up With This Scott? I Thought You Were A Wolverine Fan!

MENTONE021.jpg

nylyon

Looks like a great show, thanks for the pictures Duke.

whfan74

Duke,

You are too much my friend! Well it was my first show to attend and I had a blast. I felt like I was running all over the place trying to meet everyone. Sorry if I cut anyone short as my little one was keeping me on my toes.

I really enjoyed my time there and am looking forward to more get togethers.

Well as Duke said I am a huge Wolverine Fan..........but I must admit that was my tent that I brought, with the wife as an IU Grad I have to show some love to both schools.

Thanks for posting the pics! I had a great time chatting with everyone! :scratchead:

Rollerman

Was good to see you again today Duke & MJ :scratchead:

Got to hang out with some of my other tractor friends as well.

I did promise my wife I'd be home by noon so we could hit the lake....so I want to apologise if I didn't get around to everyone.

Ken, Richard & all the others who put together the Mentone show & swap....It's top notch & I look forward to attending again & staying longer.

Jim_M

I had a good time, sold some parts and a couple of tractors. One of the tractors that I sold was on eBay before I even made it home.

So much for the story about how much his little boy was going to enjoy going for tractor rides with his dad.....

whfan74

Again I had a ball at the show. Here are a couple of pictures.........

My sight...........D 160, E-141, RJ 58, and my newly acquired trailer...........Thanks Jim!

MentoneShow.jpg

My daughter loved going for rides in the barrels, I think one time she might have pushed Duke out of the way! Thanks Duke and MJ for being so good to my little girl!

AddisonShow.jpg

Gene_S

First of all thanks for the great picture's you posted, Duke... Second thing, it was great meeting Duke, Wingrider, Chevelletown and great seeing Whfan74 again! I also met **** & Vic McNeal and their beautiful tractors. You sure couldn't ask for a better group of guys.

The wife and I had a great time. We camped out Friday night and Saturday night. On Saturday night I made a big pot of chili over the camp fire and had a great group of guys around the fire and it was a great time.

This is a picture of Joe Papke from MI with one of his lever steers trying out the pull sled. He also hooked his RJ35 up today and the wife and I pulled against him.

JoesLeverSteer.jpg

This is picture of my sight. Duke got better pictures of my parts pile that I was selling to the right of the pictures.

OurSpot.jpg

Here is a picture of my wife and her friend Sandi... And on the back left side is a super nice guy known as "wingrider".

SandiSara.jpg

This is a picture of my rig we took the tractors to the show in. My wife got the plesure of hauling our engineless "500 Special" to the show in the back of her truck to the right.

TruckAndTrailer.jpg

Thanks again to all the people who could make it. And if I spoke whith you and didn't mention your name please let me know!

Next year the show will be a Friday afternoon and Saturday show. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks,

Gene :scratchead:

Rollerman

Gene I was hopeing to chat with you a bit at the show.....but couldn't stick around to late.

Your tractors looked great!

I especially liked how the Lawn Ranger turned out & the 500S is looking great too.

Gene_S

Thanks Stephen. You were unloading stuff and I really didn't want to hold you up, and then you were gone. Glad you got to come and be there for a little while. Next year I will be over on that side again like I was in the spring. I was around the corner from all the other parts for sale and people barely walked over to my pile.

Gene

Jim_M

Gene,

We met and talked for a bit but we never introduced ourselves. I was the guy with the red Dodge and black trailer parked beside Stephen and Ken.

Anyway, it was nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to next year.

Jim

Gene_S

Hey Jim,

Well hopefully next time we can chat some more. We were really happy with the saturday turn out and I hope you all felt the same way and will come back in the spring for the swap meet the guys put on then. I gotta get me a bigger truck like your Dodge Jim, to get my stuff around. My 1/2 ton gets a good work out, but it will have to be a GM (government motors) truck though.

Thanks,

Save Old Iron

Great pics - thanks for sharing :scratchead:

Suburban 550

Great pics Duke, Scott And Gene. :hide: Thanks for sharing. Looks like everyone had a good time. :scratchead:

stevasaurus

Looks like a great show guys...thanks for posting the pictures :scratchead:

bell

Great pics!!! Looks like a good time!

I'll definately be putting that one on the calendar for next years shows!

HorseFixer

Thanks all! Gene Scott wished I could have stayed longer but had to get home and play arm chair QB. :scratchead: Had some company comming over, just never have enough time to do all the things we want to I guess :hide: Cheers Duke & MJ

Gene_S

Hey Duke,

I'm sure Scott will agree, we are just glad the wife and you came. Like I told you before the show, it's a small show & swap but it is growing fast especially compared to last year.

Good time, Good friends!

Thanks,

whfan74

It was nice to see everyone there and I know I missed out on meeting a few others. :scratchead:

I think this show has some definite potential to grow on a larger scale. I know there was a gentleman that was going to go around and get contact info but I never did see him.

This event was open to any garden tractors, even though Wheel Horse accounted for 90% of the show and swap meet. Of course there needs to be some changes for next year.............and what I am referring to is the Horse's can't get outpulled by the Deere again. I was tired of hearing that gentleman gloat all day long!

Any chance that this can be combined with another activity in the area? The more foot traffic that is received from the locals the better in my opinion.

Gene_S

Hey Scott,

That gentalman that was walking around getting info gave that paper to my wife. Anyone wanting on the mailing list for the spring swap meet and the end of summer show and swap, just message me your nameand address and I will add you to the mailing list.

Two reasons that guy was beating the WH tractors, One:he had his tires full of fluid, and two: he out waighed me in body size by a good 100 pounds! On sunday morning he pulled his ag tires and put on turf tires. He pulled and then I pulled with the wife standing on the tractor hitch and it went as far as him. Next year I am putting a tractor together with loaded tires with bolt on waight in them and waight under the tractor to. And we will see what happens to a deer with a horse chasing it! :scratchead:

Thanks,

Gene :hide:

Jim_M

I thought about hooking up my loader tractor to the sled, but was afraid I would run out of gas, didn't have much in it. Each rear tire on that one weighs 115 pounds and there's another 160 pounds on the weight bar on the 3 point hitch. I think I could have out pulled that Deere.

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys, Gene I will be sending you my info! :scratchead: Sign me up!

d180man

Hi nice photos looks like you had a lot of fun!!! :scratchead: :hide: