Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

winch?

876wheelhorse

ok mind at work again. thinking of putting a winch on my plow to raise and lower. has anyone done this. pics would be great. be putting on my 856 for the winter. also would i be able to mount a toggle switch on the dash to run it? a switch where you have to hold it up for up and down to go down and then spring back to center..... also thinking of putting one on my jetski lift take that wheel crank off. but i dont know how water proof these are. :scratchead:

:hide:

bitten

Not sure what kind of winch you are looking at, but most of them come with a switch of some kind. I made a lift one time useing a motor out of a car seat. Got a double pole/double trow switch. It was kind of slow but worked real well.

In my humble opinion I would stick with the lift handle. Would be faster and you wouldnt have to cobble something up on your older tractor.

nsmith

There was a guy on ebay selling winch mounts that attach to the front Attach-0-Matic points. What I would do is find a old mule drive and remove the pulleys and stuff and mount the winch to that with some bolts. The harbor freight winch is on sale right now!

I used it to do a rear lift for my cub cadet.

CasualObserver

Sounds like an interesting project... please take pictures as you do it!

Duff

..... also thinking of putting one on my jetski lift take that wheel crank off. but i dont know how water proof these are.

Also :scratchead: , if I understand what you want to do, Overton's, West Marinee, and others make waterproof winches for trailers to pull boats, etc. onboard.....those hand crank winches get really old - especially as we do! :ychain:

Duff :hide:

876wheelhorse

I will head on over to harbor freight tommorrowand see what they have. It needs to be waterproof for the snow and such. I dont plan on drilling any holes on the tractor. I got it in my head but if it will work then it will be good. :scratchead: