Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

3550 clutch rod

tgranthamfd

Okay, I know I read it on here or Toro's sight but I can't find it again. Question is, the #3550 Clutch Rod for the Suburban tractors, is the length supposed to be 24"? The one that was on mine had been cut / broken, overlapped, and welded together on one side. They must have taken a damaged section out, if it is 24" in length, because best I can tell it would have been about 18". Anybody know the factory correct length for #3550 Clutch Rod??? :scratchead:

Kelly

Yes some where that was asked here I don't have time tro hunt it up right now as I'm off to work but you should be able to find your answer in a old post.

tgranthamfd

I tried the search function with no luck finding it, may have to try again.

Duff

I tried the search function with no luck finding it, may have to try again.

Terry, I searched all over for it, too, to try to help you out and couldn't locate it either. :hide:

Duff :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Ok guys I finally found it, it is 20.5" I was searching 30 day and newer soon as I switched it to "older" found the one I needed. Thanks for looking.

gwgdog66

Ok guys I finally found it, it is 20.5" I was searching 30 day and newer soon as I switched it to "older" found the one I needed. Thanks for looking.

Have you got the new one made yet?

tgranthamfd

Have you got the new one made yet?

tgranthamfd

Just wondering what, if any, ill affects could it cause if I left the clutch rod at 23 1/2" instead of the 20 1/2" that it is suposed to be. Please keep in mind I am right at 6' tall. Could this be my only issue. :scratchead: any thoughts / advise would be very welcomed. Thanks again guys.

MikesRJ

Just wondering what, if any, ill affects could it cause if I left the clutch rod at 23 1/2" instead of the 20 1/2" that it is suposed to be. Please keep in mind I am right at 6' tall. Could this be my only issue. :scratchead: any thoughts / advise would be very welcomed. Thanks again guys.

Terry,

The longer the rod, the farther forward the pedal will be at the rest position. The shorter the rod the more upright or back the pedal will be. Either way the brake engagement point will be drastically altered with a longer or shorter rod.

Mike